Saturday, April 30, 2022

Play it one last time, Sam

 

Since it's the last day of the month, this will be my final entry for Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host at Art Journal Journey, with a song that eventually became a film for her Play it again, Sam theme.

I want to begin by thanking Alison for hosting this month.  I loved her theme, and I know many of you did, too.  We look forward to having her back next year.  Thank you so much, dear Alison.

Anyone who has checked out my profile knows I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pink Floyd.  I couldn't allow the month to go by and not pay homage to this British rock group.  For those of you not familiar with them, they have recorded 15 studio albums and three live albums.  They also have three soundtrack albums, which are a result of the film that came after the song, The Wall.

At first, I was conflicted and not sure if I wanted to feature their later album, Dark Side of the Moon, but in the end, I went with the former.  This is my homage to that album.  Below are some detail shots.





Although I am not fond of my handwriting, I wanted this to look like these words had been written near a wall mural, where bricks had been exposed over time.  I created the wall using a stencil (thanks Mia).  I made the brick wall by mixing gifted face powder with molding paste.  However, it dried so quickly, I didn't get the best coverage.  In the end, I liked it, though.  The background is spray mists on 110 lb. cardstock.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.   I hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey with your own Play it again, Sam journal art.  You still have a few hours to pick a song and/or movie and add it to your art journal.  And thanks again for hosting, dear Alison.
 
Thanks to Divers and Sundry's comment about checking her spam folder, I checked mine.  I had 73, yes 73 comments designated as spam.  Only 11 were actually spam.  Sorry that some of your comments have not  been published.  From now on, I will check once a week looking for misplaced comments.
 
I was just informed that Try it on Tuesday's latest theme is I Can Hear Music, so I am joining them with this page I created. 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Clever and fun. As usual you are underestimating your talent and skill. Have a wonderful weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Who does not know Pink Floyd?!
It´s like not knowing Freddie Mercury ;-)
Love the and your wall. Ingo is a fan, too.

kathyinozarks said...

awesome page Elizabeth

My name is Erika. said...

I've been waiting for you to do a Pink Floyd page. Hurrah, you did one. I like the wall too. It's a lot of fun with that splatter. I also like how you listed so many good songs. The Wall is a great album. Have a super end to April my friend. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

I discover older rock groups in my later years since I was raising a family during their early years. Pink Floyd is one of those along with Queen and others. Love your page!

Mae Travels said...

Everyone is. having some problem with blog comments these days. I’m blocked from many blogs — a message says i should sign on, but it doesn’t work. I’m also seeing comments marked spam that are from regular commenters.

Have a nice weekend — mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pearshapedcrafting said...

I have been experiencing the same problem as Mae - so frustrating that after a succession of these I admit to giving up - I am having enough problems with concentrating as it is!
I love this page - I love some Pink Floyd songs but I know you are a massive fan so this just has to be here, and this is a song I do like! Hugs, Chrisx

Christine said...

Love the brick work

Valerie-Jael said...

Good to check your spam folder, Blogger randomly selects posts as spam! Pink Floyd is a real legendx, as swoon as I saws the wall I knew what you had chosen. Great idea, last but not least. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I am sorry I seem to have missed this post E. Its a fabulous page and inspiration song. I was so happy to see you had linked it with us at TioT's as well as AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great tribute to a favorite band. I remember them :)

Jeanie said...

Pink Floyd is a great way to end this challenge. It's been fun seeing your interpretations!

Sami said...

I like Pink Floyd's music too.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Popping back to say Thanks for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx