Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Smiles 470: Garden Shots

 

It's Friday and I'm back joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  Even though I didn't link throughout most of April, I still visited everyone who linked each week.  I was SO happy to see so many stopped by to see my recycling efforts.  I am very grateful to my dear Friday Smiles friends who stopped by.  Looks like Annie has been busy with a new grandson and a wedding anniversary.

Some of you saw I planted perennials in my dead wheelbarrow.  

I've added some lilies of the valley to the other perennials in the wheelbarrow. 

My next task will be getting rid of

 
the vinca vines and other unwanted plants in the new bed,

 while keeping and maybe finding new spaces for my precious lilies of the valley, a graduation gift from my final alma mater.

In my wheelbarrow are two butterfly bushes, phlox, two transplanted lilies of the valley, and pink flower sedum.

My dear sweet next door neighbor to the south took it upon himself to create a watering system for my garden.



I'm not particularly thrilled the black plastic weed reducer has been destroyed on one end.  I guess that means weeding, which I hate.  No more lasagna garden.

On my way to the back yard, I made note of the fact the daffodils that were in this very spot when I moved here definitely needed to be transplanted.

I've brought all my overwintered plants from the house.  I will show those next week.  Right now I need to find my seeds left from last year and plant them.

That's it for me today.  Thanks for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Now PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.

Now for a few funnies to put an even bigger smile on your face.

https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/daily_picdump-37-10.jpg 

https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/daily_picdump-21-10.jpg

https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/daily_picdump-9-10.jpg 

https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/daily_picdump-50-10.jpg


 


21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Your garden is looking much better than my weed infested one.
Thank you so much for the smiles. And I wonder whether the chicken or the egg will arrive first?

Annie said...

It's good to see you back. I love Lily of the valleys and have a large patch in our garden. Your funnies really made me chuckle...the one with the dog and little owl is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Great idea reusing the wheelbarrow!
Wonder who won, egg or chicken?

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, looks like there's some gardening to do there. I only remove the weeds if I don't like their flowers after all a weed is just a plant in the wrong place Lol! I popped over for a look at the earlier post too. Of course the funnies made my day. Happy gardening my friend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Love your garden! I especially love the wheelbarrow idea. My husband and I are going to move back to California into a half plex with a small garden space, so we are pondering how to grow plants off the ground in the future when we want to have herbs a pet dog can't pee on. Lol. This looks just the solution!

My name is Erika. said...

I am impressed with that garden watering system. I could use one of those. And you even have veggie plants in the ground. That is exciting. We're still having frosty nights so I won't be planting any garden plants for several weeks still.It will be great to see how your wheelbarrow container garden looks when the plants fill in. I finally bought some lily of the valley this year. I'm hoping it spreads like crazy and helps cover an area between the yard and the woods I want to be a buffer zone. Have a great end of the month! hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Your garden is wonderful. Clever use for the wheelbarrow. The watering system looks impressive. What a nice neighbor you have.

Mae Travels said...

My lilies of the valley are favorites of mine but I always have to defend them from anyone who is cleaning up the garden because it seems that everyone but me thinks they are weeds!

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your garden is looking fabulous and I love the wheel barrow! That's such a great container for your herbs 😀. The funnies made me smile too! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

Things are coming along very well in the garden. I'm wondering if you can wheel that barrow into a garage in the winter to enjoy the herbs a little longer? I know it gets cold where you are but too cold? It will be awhile before I can even put things in the ground so seeing this is inspiring!

Christine said...

Lovely garden photos and thanks for the smiles

DVArtist said...

I am so loving your garden. Have a great day today.

Rita said...

Garden is looking so green!
Good ones on the funnies. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

You have started working on your garden, which is a lot more than I have done, My balcony is full of dried plants from last year! Love the funnies, especially the penultimate one with the dog under the car! Hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

Your garden is coming on nicely. I particularly like the wheelbarrow. I hope you will continue to show your plants as they grow. And you have really kind neighbors that irrigate your garden. How wonderful is that!
The funnies had me giggling, especially the corgi under the car.
Have a good weekend,
Lisca

jinxxxygirl said...

Your gardening efforts are showing Elizabeth! It all looks great! Looking forward to seeing what seeds you plant. Hugs! deb

orvokki said...

Your garden is coming soon ready. Nice photos.
The playing of the cute litlle cats is super photo and I like the dog under the car.
Hugs

da tabbies o trout towne said...

a successful garden this year Elizabeth; I've got the plastic stuff too and it's for crud....

happee week end two ewe bleu N squiggles...cauz trubull !! :) ♥♥

aussie aNNie said...

Love your garden shots and your fantastic watering system...... take care and hope the weather stays kind to you..xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Your garden and yard also make me smile :) I've never seen a watering system like that. It's so _tall_!

Sami said...

Good luck with your planting Elizabeth. I also have 2 old wheelbarrows potted up in my backyard.
I loved the funnies :)