Saturday, April 16, 2022

Over the Rainbow

 

 If you are over five years old, you have probably seen the movie that features this song.  After all, one of the TV channels shows it at least once a year.  Of course, this means I'm once again joining Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, and her Play it again, Sam theme.

Over the Rainbow is obviously a song from The Wizard of Oz.  It was sung by Judy Garland in the movie and became her signature song.

This rainbow is definitely similar to one I created during the 2021 Taster Series.  This rainbow is different, in that it contains a music staff and two bluebirds.

If you need it translated, just let me know.  I'm sure you can read the lyrics.

We can't forget Dorothy's red slippers that she wore the entire time she was in Oz.

For this page, I first printed the words on a used file folder.  I then created the rainbow using a ROY G BIV color scheme.  I knew I needed something besides the musical staff, so I decided to cut two shoes from a sheet of used printer paper, after which I colored them red using a felt marker.

For Day 16 of 22, I recycled a used file folder, a bit of sheet music, and used printer paper.

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own Play it again, Sam journal art.  


21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Would you believe I have never seen that movie?

Neet said...

An old old favourite brought t0 life again bky you with the rainbow and, of course, the ruby slippers.
Great page Elizabeth
Hugs, Neet xxx

sirkkis said...

I too love this song and movie, Elizabeth. Lovey, watched over the world.
Happy Easter holidays xx

kathyinozarks said...

this is an old favorite movie of mine too, great page Elizabeth

Mae Travels said...

I loved seeing the Ruby Slippers at the Smithsonian! The movie is definitely a key icon of American culture.

We are traveling across country, and I thought of you when the road signed pointed to Wichita! I hope you and everyone have a nice weekend — I’ll be commenting less than usual this week as we are driving and driving!

Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Wizard of Oz is my favorite horror movie! Love the ruby red slippers

jinxxxygirl said...

Lovely Elizabeth! I remember watching it every year in the Fall growing up.. not long after school started.. I never missed it.. lol Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great pick for songs. And I love that rainbow. It has a great arty feel to it. I also love how you added the red shows. Your white space works great making them and the rainbow really stand out. I also want to thank you for the Easter card. It arrived yesterday. I have a couple of scheduled posts but I am going to share it on T day. But I wanted to say thank you. Have a lovely Easter and weekend too. Hugs-Erika

Debra said...

Your rainbow is beautiful. You say you can't paint-I say you can. I wish you would do more of it and include your paintings more in your collages and altered art. You are very expressive and free-I believe that is real art.
BTW- I LOVE those ruby slippers of yours too!

DVArtist said...

Very nice tribute to the song and the movie. Have a nice day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea for a journal page, and I love the red slippers, so pretty. Hugs, Valerie
Happy Easter!

Let's Art Journal said...

This song is such a favourite of mine and has been covered by many artists 😁. It's such a Judy Garland classic, loving those red shoes. I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

Christine said...

Nice page, a classic song choice.

Iris Flavia said...

I do have a music box with that song.
And an Esel, a donkey. Push his hoof and he sings along :-)

Nancy said...

Thanks for the reminder- my daughter and I loved watching The Wizard of Oz every year on tv. Oh, those ruby slippers!

Divers and Sundry said...

I particularly like your ruby slippers. It was _years_ before I wasn't too scared to watch the whole movie.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post.
I'm singing that song now :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I love the simplicity and loveliness of this. And that song will be stuck in my head all day.

craftytrog said...

I love the rainbow and those red slippers! A wonderful page Elizabeth.

nwilliams6 said...

Very fun, Elizabeth, and the shoes are perfect!!!! Hugz

Meggymay said...

I love those red shoes and the lovely rainbow it looks a fabulous page and I am humming that song right now.
Yvonne xx