Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter

 

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate/observe it.  Happy Passover to those who celebrate it.  Happy Sunday to those who don't.  I'm once again joining Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey. Today I have a song for her Play it again, Sam theme.

Bleubeard and I are celebrating Easter with a song. A very famous Easter song.  It was written by Irving Berlin and published in 1933.  It has been performed on Broadway and in films.  In 1948, it was performed in the musical film Easter Parade, which was built around the song.  Judy Garland and Fred Astaire performed it in the Easter Parade film, which made it even more popular. 
 
If the focal image looks familiar, it's because I deconstructed one of my 365 Somethings from 2018.
 
In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.


I sewed the deconstructed image to left over vintage sheet music.

On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.

I started by misting a used file folder with my handmade shimmering mists.  When dry, I computer generated the words on the reverse of a sheet of card stock that had originally printed incorrectly.   I sewed the focal image, a partial sheet of vintage sheet music, and the words to the file folder substrate using red variegated thread.  

For Day 17 of 22, I spritzed a used file folder with handmade shimmering mists, added a deconstructed image from my 365 Something project, added a partial sheet of vintage sheet music, and printed words on the back of a sheet of used cardstock. The spray mists were already created, and the variegated thread was new.

Thank you beyond belief for taking time to visit on this holiday.  Thanks, too, for your support of my recycling projects.  I hope you will also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own Play it again, Sam journal art. 
 
To end this with a bit of "holiness,"
 
while doing an internet search for a cartoon character, this popped up.  Of course, I had to share!


17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Clever, fun and very topical.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Easter Elizabeth, beautiful page for the theme, and I loved seeing the dough boy-one of my favorites hugs

Helen said...

Happy Easter Elizabeth. re your question on the Tulip blog post - no, Hampton Court comes under Historic Royal Palaces (includes places like Tower of London) so I have a membership for that too. the gardens don't change enough for me to go weekly so I'll still with weekly trips to Kew!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the he has risen / not risen cartoon, fabulous! Great journal page, I'm singing already. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun post. Happy Easter to you!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great Easter song. You and I were thinking along the same line of thought with Easter songs today. I like this Easter Bonnet one, and isn't that a great stamp you used? I have that one in my collection. Time to use it again I think. I hope you have a great Easter. Loving the dough boy meme too. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Happy Easter! My sister sent me that Pillssbury doughboy cartoon.
I’m in Amarillo Tx

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Life has been getting in my way of blogging. So sorry to be awol. Thanks for thinking of me! I love your nostalgic post Elizabeth. I was just telling my husband how this day brings back memories of Easter finery, egg hunts, life and salvation and family gatherings.
Happy spring to you and your fur kids!

jinxxxygirl said...

Funny I remember the first two lines of that song and nothing else.. lol You've also made me think of .. 'Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail...' wish i could remember the rest....Happy Easter Elizabeth!Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Happy Easter Elizabeth!

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Easter! I got a kick out of the Pillsbury meme lol

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Easter Wishes.

All the best Jan

Birgit said...

Happy Easter to you! I wish they would play Easter Parade like they do The 10 Commandments. It's a good movie. I like your page which is so fetching with your colour you created.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth, and great recycling of that 365 somethings image!
Happy Easter!
Alison

Jeanie said...

Your piece is perfect for Easter. I hope your day was lovely!

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect Easter song and page, Elizabeth. Super fun. Super fun dough boy too! Cute post!!!Hugz

Neet said...

Fab pictorial interpretation of the song Elizabeth. I remember my aunt singing this song when I was a young child and my learning some of the words so I could join in with her. Such a happy song.
Hugs, Neet xx