Monday, April 18, 2022

A new towel holder

 

Today everything is repurposed or recycled, even the screws. The cedar wood block was given to me.  Its original purpose was to hang in a closet to freshen clothes and keep moths away.  It originally had a hook on one end that you hung around your rod, but I removed it before I took the photo.
 
I purchased a bag of silverware at a garage sale for $0.50 (USD).  There were at least 30 pieces of mismatched silverware, which I, of course, intended to use in arts and crafts. 

The screws originally held the digital clock on my dead coffee maker in place.

The first thing I did was drill holes in the two spoons.  The black you see in the left spoon is my camera.  I held the spoons in place so I could drill holes by using the block of wood you see under the drill.

Next, I bent the ends of the two spoons up.  Then I screwed the spoons in place on the block of wood.

Now I just need to hang it on the wall and I will have a towel holder that will hold two towels or even rags.

This is Day 18 of 22 and I recycled and repurposed a cedar block, two spoons, and three screws. Thank you so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are truly delighted you stopped by. 


23 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

Loving it Elizabeth

Elephant's Child said...

Clever, functional and unique.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun and clever piece you made, love it! Could you please link me this evening for TsfT? Sea you later, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Very clever!

CJ Kennedy said...

Very clever

Barbara said...

Thanks for your note! It’s been a rough patch recently for me, plus blogger hasn’t been working well to comment. Thank You for caring! ��

Barbara said...

PS…that odd looking image was meant to be a smiling kitty with hearts for eyes.

My name is Erika. said...

That is one cool towel holder. The beauty of having a nice drill, some old spoons and a old piece of cedar. That is really clever. This is one of the best recycling projects I've seen (not just from you either). Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Great repurpose Elizabeth, very clever.

aussie aNNie said...

How brilliant is this, fabulous x

craftytrog said...

I love this! Great project Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the fact that not only does it use recycled materials but you end up with something useful for everyday life. Win!

Cloudia said...

Cool post 😊

Jeanie said...

I love your upcycled project! The hooks will be great -- a good purpose!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is an excellent recycled project!

jinxxxygirl said...

What a great idea Elizabeth!!!

DVArtist said...

Ohh what a brilliant idea. Have a nice day today.

Mia said...

BRILLIANT idea, Elizabeth! Fabulous towel holder. I want one for my kitchen too! Be sure that I will make it! Lovely inspiration, my dear friend. Kisses!

Rita said...

Clever! Turned out well. :)

Rain said...

Elizabeth that is impressive!!! ☺

Debra said...

Wonderful! I love this.

Linda said...

Clever project!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What a cool idea! I didn't know cedar could keep away moths. Hmm. Where to find some cedar . . .