Sunday, April 10, 2022

Let's talk about the birds and the bees

 

I'm finally joining Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, once again with a song for her Play it again, Sam theme.  I feel rather bad I haven't been able to join her sooner.

Let's learn about the birds and the bees.

Let me tell you 'bout
the birds and the bees
and the flowers and the trees
and the moon up above

These are red birds.

There's even one that has landed on the Bee Flower Mix.

Of course, there has to be a tree.  Where else would birds make their nests?

I created this entry in my Stress free altered book.  I started by laying down a partial sheet of vintage sheet music.  I then added the bee mix container that originally held seeds I planted several years ago.  Next I colored used copier/printer paper red and used my bird punch.  I then added the tree using two water soluble crayons to which I added two of the three birds.  Finally, I added the song lyrics I printed on a used file folder.  My laser printer wasn't too happy, even though I used the "cardstock" option.  Although I've often said I can't draw, I was completely happy with the way the tree turned out.
 
For Day 10 of 22, I recycled a portion of vintage sheet music, copier/printer paper I colored red, used file folder used for printing the lyrics, and a used packet of bee flower mix.

Thanks ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.   In addition to joining Alison at Art Journal Journey with her Play it again, Sam theme, I'm also joining Creative Artiste's 81st challenge with the above recycled materials, along with water soluble crayons.  I am further joining River of Creativity's 12th challenge with the optional twist of Spring.  I believe my altered book page has spring flowers and birds.

EDIT: My ethernet has been offline for over a day.  That included my internet and phone.  My sincere apologies for my inability to visit.  I am finally back online and will catch up with each of you, my friends and followers, as I can.


25 thoughtful remarks:

Vee Cassidy said...

This is beautiful I love the way you link the images with the words. Vee xx

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, yes, we need trees and birds and burst into a song :-) Love the flowers!

Zoechaos said...

It is great to see you again and this page is certainly full of the promise of spring. Never say that you cannot draw/paint you can it might not always look as you think it should but so what Art is not necessarily about an exact likeness we have cameras for that. I love you page and you creativity, thank you for adding to the River of Creativity again. xx

Elephant's Child said...

I really love your depiction of this very familiar song. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, Elizabeth, I saw my first bee of the season this morning. I remember that song, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun page today. It just screams spring, and I remember that song. It's a nice pick for Alison's challenge. And nice use of the old seed packet. And a good one too. You did a great job on the tree. I can see bark texture on it. It was smart to use the water soluble crayons on it. Hope your power stays on today and you are having a nice weekend. It poured here yesterday afternoon and was dark. Not the type of day to be really ambitious. But nice for a weekend to relax. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page and a delightful, little ear worm.

Helen said...

great page. sorry you have had more troubles with your internet access (and phone) again!

Mae Travels said...

Funny, I don’t recall that song at all. I remember “The buzzin’ of the bees and the cigarette trees, the soda-water fountain”…

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

You certainly did do a fantastic job on that tree.. ! I'm sitting here absolutely chartreuse with envy over that bird punch..! Great page Elizabeth!Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Lovely pages Elizabeth.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving the music sheet background with the lyrics and little birds - perfect 😀. I've been away visiting family the last week so have a lot to catch up on too! Take care and wishing you well! Hugs Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm now singing that song :)
This is a lovely page.

All the best Jan

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, great to see you back. I had wondered on Friday where you were but then been busy all weekend. Loving the art work. Hope you will be seeing some art journaling from me soon. Happy creative week lovely lady. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, can´t wait for summer, I might even dance - great pages, I truly feel better now (yikes, it´s way too cold still!).
Thank you for a great start to the week.

brenda said...

Beautifully crafted onto the music score, thanks so much for sharing with us at River of Creativity.

B x

Meggymay said...

I love this page and the tree, I was drawn to that packet of seeds as well as humming the song in my head.
Yvonne xx

Birgit said...

I am so sorry for not visiting as of late but, as you know, we lost my wonderful Wallace plus I started a new job which involved travel.mi was beyond exhausted. I love your creation here. It is just full of spring and so very pretty. I’m impressed by your tree.

craftytrog said...

I love this page Elizabeth! A wonderful entry for my AJJ theme.

Jeanie said...

This is a charming page and is just perfect for this time of year!

Lisca said...

Oh I remember that song so well (sung by Jewel Aken) and I'm singing it now and probably won't get it out of my head now for a while! Yes, all good memories, so no problem.
Thank you for the memories.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's Spring! and you have the perfect piece to celebrate it :)

Debra said...

Oh wow-the tree is fantastic!!! You should do more painting! Please do. This is a wonderful page-inspiring.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely idea regarding the stress free journal, doesn't the music score make a super background, your painted tree is fabulous with your red birds. I agree you should do more painting.. so should everyone.
Hugs Tracey x

Neet said...

That's a very clever way to illustrate the song you have chosen. I remember that song but needed your words to remind me how to sing along to it.
Love the seed packet, an ingenious way to bring the flower element in and the little birds are so cute.
A lovely page Elizabeth.
Hugs, Neet xxx