Monday, March 7, 2022

Spring

 

I created this mixed media abstract collage for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, which is Spring.  This is a layered collage that shows I didn't know when to stop.  I have a few detail shots to share.
 




 

I started by gluing a background of blue and white onto 110 lb. cardstock.  I then added paper I colored green and a piece of coffee dyed cardstock.  Over that I added foreign text, some of which I covered with a tea bag. More blue and white cardstock weight paper was next.  Then a gifted focal image from my friend Dianne who encouraged me to use her original drawing in my art.  The bunny washi tape was also from her.  The word Spring was from a magazine.

Bleubeard and I would love to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Spring.


15 thoughtful remarks:

Cloudia said...

Such detail

My name is Erika. said...

Dianne’s focal image really draws you eye in. You used it In a nice way and this page. I love all the types of paper you also used. I think the focal image being on printed paper really helps it blend in. And it feels like spring. It’s a fun page to start to new week. Hope yours starts well also. Hugs Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Such bright and happy colors. Calli and I didn't see a bunny looking out the window, but she got excited when Timex (chipmunk) ran by.

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful spring page Elizabeth-lots to look for-love that

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely.

Sami said...

Dianne's image is quite pretty and eye-catching. I can imagine that 20c Ritz theatre ticket was from a long time ago...
Nice collage Elizabeth :)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Spring collage Elizabeth! You made great use of Dianne's lovely artwork.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fbulous journal page Elizabeth, thanks so much for linking this beauty to my challenge at AJJ. Could you please link me at TsfT this evening? Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Your beautiful collage shows you know _exactly_ when to stop. This is perfect!

pearshapedcrafting said...

It seems to me that you did know where to stop- this is a truly fabulous page! Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

What an explosion of colour, paper pieces and spring from the pretty flowers to the bunny, which I love!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a beautiful spring page, lovely mix of colours.

All the best Jan

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your beautiful abstract collage, Elizabeth! And Dianne's image as the focal point looks amazing! This is perfect for Spring! Hugs, Sharon

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in, this is a fabulous abstract collage page and great inspiration for the Ajj theme.
its a cute little rabbit on the washi tape.
Yvonne xx

Matilde said...

The background is very interesting. I like this project because of its brightness and happy colours!