Sunday, March 6, 2022

Monday Murals: Under the overpass

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.   Some of you dropped by in February and saw that I was hosting Art Journal Journey.  I wasn't allowed to tell you why I was on hiatus until the 1st of February.  As promised, I am back with a few murals to share this month.

This five panel mural of sea creatures was hard to photograph, since some of it was in darkness under the railroad tracks and some was in sunlight.






This mural, created in 2007, can be found under the 1st street train underpass.  I couldn't find any information on who created it, but I know it was created long before Avenue Arts Days was founded.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today.  
 

  

21 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

They are very, very beautiful.
A very talented artist! Big WOW.

Helen said...

these are fab and fit the space very well.

Mae Travels said...

Bright sun and deep shadow combine to make photography really hard — I’ve had the same experience. Nice mural!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Wow these are amazing!

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool! The murals almost look like mosaics

Barbara said...

I’ve seen a couple under bridges and overpasses like which seem a bit hidden. Yet in the long run they are somewhat protected from the sun and weather. They may outlast many others created in the open!

My name is Erika. said...

This mural is really beautiful. I wonder how you got the photos, but maybe you weren't driving or you could pull over to the side. I also first didn't realize they were mosaic like. I really like how they are and the swirls like Van Gogh. Hope you have a great start to the new week and a happy Sunday ahead. Hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

You did a good job with the photos despite the challenging light. And this is so worth seeing! 2007- it looks in really good shape for more than a decade old.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love murals in these locations. Such space-brighteners, they make the underpasses much friendlier places.

DVArtist said...

This is so beautiful. Have a great day.

Tom said...

...murals in underpasses are so difficult to photograph, you pulled it off well! We have this mural here in town and I thought that the state highway department regulations were interesting.

https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2018/08/pillars-of-rochester-history.html

Rita said...

Thought they might be mermaids but they're not. Very mystical! :)

Jeanie said...

All these panels are very beautiful, Elizabeth. What a great find.

Linda said...

I like these murals. Some great colors and rhythmic style.

s.c said...

A very nice own style in these murals. Good work from the artist and perhaps a little influenced at van Gogh.

Sami said...

In very good condition since they were painted in 2007. I like the style with the strokes in various colours. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great idea to put the murals there.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fabulous panels - a great find! Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

This 5 part mural is beautiful! I love the stunning images and it speaks of hope to me.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely mural this is, really enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Alice said...

folks are fascinated with the mystique of the sea