Monday, March 7, 2022

T Stands For Springtime

 

 

I have finally finished my coffee book I started in February with a tutorial.

After I thought I finished these pages,

I found the other tea cup I had fussy cut from a return address label (thanks Linda).  The other four cups were colored using gel pens, several of them metallic.

I rotated the image so you could see the words: Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven.

This is the other set of pages.  This is the next to last page and the last inside page.  They both refer to Spring, which is Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.  Both coffee dyed pages are glued to the back of a playing card. I then stamped the phrase Living in the moment to the two pages, but virtually covered them with my ephemera.   All ephemera with the exception of the fussy cut butterfly were colored and fussy cut by Chris, who gifted me with the little girl, the flower, and the two stamped labels.  I added the sentiment, which is More Time For Springtime.

For those of you who missed the previous pages, I will show those now.

This is the front cover before it was decorated.

These are the front and back covers before they were decorated.

These are the front and back covers after I decorated them.  I used gel pens to color the various mugs and cups.

This is the inside front cover and the second page.

These are the next two pages.  I love the tea quote and the butterfly I fussy cut.

These are the next two pages.  When I showed this book to my friend Scott, he laughed at the sentiment on the right page: There is no life without water because water is needed to make coffee.

I hope you have enjoyed this coffee dyed paper and tea bag junk journal.  I also hope this piques your interest in joining us at Art Journal Journey, too.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass.  Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.



 


32 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

I like all the teacup cutouts. Very cute! I am obsessed by the war, so my post is about Ukraine.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

ohhh these are brilliant.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth do you have a way to delete my entry-wasn't thinking and put my email address on the link up-can't believe I did that-thanks
and I love this coffee book so much-would be a neat book to keep out so people can view it

My name is Erika. said...

It's really fun to see the finished pages, and even to get a second look at the other pages. It's a fun book, and I really like the idea that you made it out of playing cards. And you even managed to get spring included for AJJ and Valerie's challenge. Those teacups on the new pages are bold and beautiful. and I like that little Janet Klein girl with her mug too. I haven't seen that one. Have a great T day my friend. And I hope your new week is going well. hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

What a really wonderful Tea book you created- and definitely with happy, spring colors!! You are s clever to have kept and fussy cut that small teacup image from the return address label:) A delightful book all around. Happy T day!

Carola Bartz said...

This is such a great book, Elizabeth! I love the little tea cups and tea pot with the colorful ribbon. That reminds me that I need to go back to the post where you talk about the coffee technique. I also like that you can still see the image of the playing cards.

Sharon Madson said...

That is a great sentiment, Elizabeth. I love your cute little book. Fun. Happy t day!

Kate Yetter said...

Your book is so adorable! I love all the little touches of coffee, especially the coffee-stained cards.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Annie said...

Such a really fun coffee/tea cup journal. That is a funny about water needed for coffee. I agree! Ha! The cups really pop against the dyed card backgrounds. The covers are wonderful with the sweet little buttons on the tie bindings.

anonymous said...

A lovely little book! Love seeing the playing cards peeking through. Nice it get something finished, isn’t it!

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth! LOL, do I ever learn.
Morning gymnastics just to read the text in the next pic horizontal!
Oh, I loooove that girl! The lips!
And then... more gymnastics! :-)

I really need to try and make cards like that as pressie for Ingo. Reckon I´ll leave them blank, though, at least more or less - they are art in themselves to me.

Nancy Chan said...

That is a very creative coffee book, very well done with the coloured tea or coffee cups. I drank more coffee than tea.

Lisca said...

What a lovely book! I love it that they really are playing cards, and that the images still are faintly visible. My favorite page is the one with the butterfly. Not only do I love butterflies but the quotes are great. Hmmm, DO they have a coffee break?
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Neet said...

This caught my eye on Bloglovin' and I had to visit and see what you were doing with all those teacups. What a fab journal you have made. Well done to you, I absolutely love it.
Hugs, Neet xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Fun, fun, fun. Whimsical and creative. I have to say this is my favorite creation I have seen you make! Love that it is made from playing cards, you used drink to stain some of it, your tea charms, and all the fun elements on the pages. Very well done, Elizabeth. Happy T-day and hugz.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun journal! Loving all the teacups and the sentiment made me smile too 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Mae Travels said...

Hi again Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from power outages again, and that you were so COLD at night. I hope that you warm up and drink some nice hot coffee and feel better fast.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

The teacups are adorable, and your book turned out great! Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the tea-related charms. What a cool find! Happy T Tuesday

Darla said...

This little book is absolutely wonderful. I"m a bit obsessed with books at the moment and enjoy looking at all the possibilities. You always inspire me.

Spyder said...

Love your cups of tea and the little books. I keep wanting to play with some I've foun dbut still haven't come up with some theme to go with yet. . Maybe I should just get paint and g with the flow! Happy T Day ((Lyn))

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your coffee cups on the coffee pages, I'm with you there! Sorry I'm so late calling in, more bad news on the health front today, slowly its enough! Hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Your coffee/tea book is awesome and so creative ~ great art work! Xo

Wishing you love and peace in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth, how cool and what fun. I really enjoyed this post and these pieces !!! GREAT job !!

bleu and squiggles; hay doodz. hope yur weekend waz grate N ya finded gettin inta trubullz waz eazee peazee ;) ♥♥

Jenn Jilks said...

This is inspiring!

Jeanie said...

Your journal is lovely -- really like the cups! And today's piece is very springy indeed. Just perfect for T and a spring theme.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Blogger thinks it’s got the better of me but as it won’t let me comment on my computer I am using my phone!!!!! I adore your little book - pleased some bits and pieces came in useful! That last quote is brilliant! Hugs, Chrisx

Cloudia said...

Yours is feel good art!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is such a great book, just lovely :)

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous post, love the spring theme and colour choices. ♥

Meggymay said...

It was lovely to see all the pages and the cover of your fantastic book altogether. I loved seeing all those bright cups again.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I really do love your nod to coffee journal, I imagine it smells just as good as it looks with all those stained papers. A very tactile little creation and the words well... makes me want (NEED) a coffee right now. Amazing..
Hugs Tracey xx