Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Second on the 2nd: Think Spring

 

As I try to do for my second look each month, I search for a previous post that relates to our current host at Art Journal Journey.  This one was easy.  Seems spring has been on my mind a lot.  Below is one I have copied for the most part from a post from March, 2018.

Today I'm once again sharing a Spring theme. 

This is my final entry for the month of March, although there is still time for you to share a Spring inspired journal page.

Today I created funky spring flowers.


I rotated the image so you could see the sentiment which reads, "Funky flowers bloom in spring."

I created this in my challenges altered book using one of my shaving cream paper backgrounds.  The flowers were spray mists I spritzed on paper, then cut into various funky shapes.  I used a green metallic gel pen to create the stems, leaves, and sentiment.  Because the flowers didn't show up as well as I had hoped, I outlined them with my blue metallic gel pen.

______________________________________________

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.   

Please share something from your blog that you showed previously. Be sure the link goes directly to your Second on the 2nd post and not your blog in general.

 

 

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I love funky flowers!

NatureFootstep said...

love the way you created your flowers :)

My name is Erika. said...

I remember this one, and it is as wonderful this time around as it was the first time I saw it. I still like the contrast of spotty paper and the background. I hope the new month is treating you well so far. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I'll be really happy when we have some flowers here, but that will take a bit of time. Your spotty ones are nice.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

It's Spring! for those of us who observe the meteorological seasons :) I'm ready.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool flowers. They remind me of stained glass

kathyinozarks said...

I really love this journal page very much, I don't remember seeing it before-I need to search your tutorials on how you made these flowers-very awesome results

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, love the colours! Sorry I couldn't join you today, had a bad time again!

Sandra Cox said...

Another fun and happy one. It reminds me of dandelions when they are seeding. Great job, dear Elizabeth.

Christine said...

Beautiful spring page Elizabeth!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this Spring page - can't believe it was four years ago! Hugs, Chrisx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

these funky flowers are really neat !!! tryin R best to think spring here; looks like it MAY be just around the corner; knock wood & toss salt that we get NO MORE ice/snow

happee seuss day two ewe bleu N squiggles; help yur selvez ta all de fish ewe can eat :) ♥♥☺☺

Darla said...

The shades of blue are beautiful. I really lie the page and don't remember seeing it in the past.

Sharon Madson said...

Love the beautiful color, Elizabeth. I hope you are able to enjoy this gorgeous weather. I have been out, but not walking. I have a tendon issue in my foot and am taking it easy and hope it heals on its own. :)

Jeanie said...

I like this, Elizabeth, and I don't remember seeing it before. Lots of energy and texture -- and just pretty!

Debra said...

I LOVE this!!!