Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Spring Fling

 

It's a new month and we have a new host at Art Journal Journey.  It is my friend and co-administrator Valerie of Bastelmania.  Her theme for the entire month of March is Spring.

We're starting March with a Spring Fling.  Below are the detail photos.



I colored a sheet of 110 lb cardstock using watercolors.  They are a bit brighter than one normally thinks of spring, but I thought we needed some color about now with so much grey in the world.  I added the words I found in two different magazines, then stood the TH paper dolls on the words.  These sisters are dancing their way into spring, as are we at Art Journal Journey.
 
Valerie, Chris, Erika, Yvonne, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Spring.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Hope to see you there soon. 
 
Now to honor Ukraine with sunflowers.
 
A quick search of my blog allows me to show sunflowers I have either made or shared in the past.  This is from a swap.  Kansas is the sunflower state, so I feel a real kindred spirit to Ukraine. 
 
Another sunflower I created for Art Journal Journey a few years ago.  I stand with Ukraine, even if only in spirit and prayer.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fabulous piece of art for spring, and I love the sunflowers, too. Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Sunflowers must be the most beautiful food crop on the planet! So sad that they are now reminding us of the terrible war. As I've said, I find it very fascinating that sunflowers were native to North America, cultivated for thousands of years by the American Indians (before European arrival), and first planted in Ukraine in large numbers in the early 1800s.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely sunflower, we all watch in horror.
A lovely piece.

CJ Kennedy said...

Really good to see some bright colors. The little girl looks so happy in her twirly Spring dress. Lovely tribute to Ukraine.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy March Elizabeth! The colorful background certainly says spring. As does the little girl in her new spring dress. She is certainly ready for a spring fling. I hope you have a wonderful new month and get some spring weather. Snow flurries expected here today. The month is not starting off very spring like for me, but luckily I can make some spring pages and pretend it is-smile. hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely Spring page, Elizabeth - Spring Fling is fun title too

The other pages are perfect for Spring as well.

I am hoping for Spring and peace in the Ukraine. I dreamed that so many people in the world prayed for peace that God granted it. It was a beautiful dream.

Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

Great colours brilliant post

Jackie McGuinness said...

I LOVE the last sunflower!

Divers and Sundry said...

Spring! Yes! I'm ready :)

Meggymay said...

A beautiful background and sweet image you used of the little girl for your fantastic journal page, I love those colours.
It is a lovely tribute and Sunflower page, Ukraine is in our thoughts as well and the terrible things that the people are coping with just now.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Cloudia said...

How Springy!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

very nice piece today Elizabeth; both the spring fling with amazing colors and the sunflower tribute to Ukraine ♥♥♥♥♥

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love your Spring Fling page Elizabeth. The colours and that sweet girl are gorgeous.
A lovely tribute to Ukraine too, praying for an end to Putin's madness!
Happy March,
Alison

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome page Valerie, and I love the sunflowers for Ukraine

Iris Flavia said...

Cute girl and wonderful colors. It´s so cold here.
Yes, to Ukraine. I wish them peace and Putin to prison.

Jeanie said...

Perfectly delightful spring page. And yes, Ukraine. My heart breaks.

Rita said...

Love the colorful page! :)

Neet said...

Your beautiful coloured page certainly shouts out Spring to me. It reminds me of all the beautiful colours that are to come as Spring pushes her way through in the garden.
What a lovely idea.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh how happy she looks amongst the colours of Spring, starts my day with a real spring in my step Elizabeth. Fabulous theme Valerie has chosen, keep everything crossed I get some online time to catch up share and play along.
We are in the middle of all the legal stuff of house selling & buying, March has really started with Madness my end..
Hugs Tracey xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a gorgeous work of art, Elizabeth! I love your background and your pretty, vintage paper dolls, too. Their spring fling looks fun and fabulous! And thank you for sharing your sunflowers to honor Ukraine. Hugs!! Sharon

pearshapedcrafting said...

Tried to leave a comment here on the 1st - I love this page Elizabeth - it's perfect for Valerie's AJJ theme! Love the tribute to Ukraine. Hugs, Chrisx