Monday, February 28, 2022

T Stands For Heartfelt

 

For our final entry as hosts at Art Journal Journey this month, Bleubeard and I are celebrating with a song. 

A very heartfelt song.

This is the journal page I had planned for last week, but had to show my playing card journal, instead.  I'll share a few close up photos for your perusal.   But first, Bleubeard and I want to also join Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge which is Add Texture.








For this page, I began with coffee dyed pink computer/printer paper (first T day qualifier) I glued over 110 lb cardstock.  To that I added a musical score and words, three musical flash cards, a library book return card, a strip of discarded paper that originally held hole protectors, a red heart attached to a found card, and a tea bag (second T day qualifier) over which I drew a heart and the sentiment.

We sincerely hope you'll join us at Art Journal Journey where we're asking What's Your Style?   You still have several hours to share your art with us before we introduce a new host.  We would LOVE to see your style.  Of course, we are also joining Try it on Tuesday's challenge which is Add texture.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.





 

Please don't forget your Second on the 2nd post.  Also, be aware that I will be using Mr. Linky, which means you must link your T Tuesday post sometime before midnight my time on the 2nd when Second on the 2nd goes live.

 

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

AH! The ultimate post! Very nice sentiment, which we need in these desperate times.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, Loving your page
Hugs Kathy

Sharon Madson said...

Love all your t qualifiers today, Elizabeth. I especially like that you used the te bag. Fun textured page.

Lisca said...

That is a great page! Very fitting for the (Your) theme 'What's your style?' as it is your style (especially the tea bag). And then there are two T-Day qualifiers...
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
(I'll try to remember Second of the 2nd)

Kate Yetter said...

A fun journal page using lots of different elements. Loving the tea incorporated tea bag.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, in response to your comment-I really miss not having an Aldi store near where we live now-I love that store-they have really affordable avocado oil there and that is great for frying too

Linda Kunsman said...

This is so lovely Elizabeth- you had me at pink from the get-go, and then hearts and music, and delicate textures...what's not to love:)Your theme for AJJ has been truly enjoyable, and I love the tea bag art for the TSFT qualifier!
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a wonderful way to wrap up your month dear Elizabeth. I love the textured pink background, which would be great even without the music and the square collage. Nice way to link up to T also. Thanks for sharing one more at AJJ, and for having a fun monthly theme. Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I forgot to say thanks for linking up to Try It On Tuesday also.

Carola Bartz said...

We are both working with hearts this week! Beautiful page, Elizabeth, and I sure like the title of your post.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful final page, Elizabeth. Happy T Day, take care!

nwilliams6 said...

Happy T-day, Elizabeth! Love your tea stained papers - such a great idea for journaling and for T-day! Fun stuff. Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

A lovely way to end the month. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page and thanks so much for being such a wonderful host over at Art Journal Journey last month, I had so much fun joining your fabulous theme! Loving your heart felt page and all the T Day creativity you included 😁. Hope both your cats are feeling better now, Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a finale!!! I love this Elizabeth - so good for TSFT and for Try It On Tuesday as well as being your last 'What's Your style' at AJJ. Thanks for being such a super host - it's been a fabulous challenge!
I had hoped to add a final page myself but I'm really battling with my Diabetes at the moment (I've been given 3 month's to see if I can sort it myself or it's a change in medication - which I don't really want!) Trying not to stress as that seems to affect it! I'll be in touch, hugs, Chrisxx

Darla said...

You certainly managed a lot of texture and I really like the pink tea dyed paper you used for a background.

Empire of the Cat said...

Love the pink with the coffee brown on your page this week Elizabeth. Hope you and the kitties are well. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Rita said...

What a pretty page! :)

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in, I was sure I'd left a comment a couple of days ago. Anyway you will have guessed that I love the page and the textures and how you related the page to love and music. It was lovely to see that you have linked this with TioT's as well.
Yvonne xx