Monday, February 28, 2022

Mardi Gras

 

This is Bleubeard's and my penultimate post celebrating his and my theme, What's Your Style? at Art Journal Journey.

Today we are heading to New Orleans, Louisiana just in time for Mardi Gras tomorrow.  We'll be doing all the tourist things, 

where we watch all the parades held all over town, gather beads,

visit St. Louis Cathedral,

take a carriage ride around Jackson Square,  
 
ride a street car, and eat a traditional King cake that has been decorated in the traditional gold, green, and purple.  That night we'll don masks and attend the various balls being held.  Have I not mentioned that Bleubeard is a great dancer?

We sincerely hope you'll join us as we celebrate Mardi Gras (also known as Fat or Shrove Tuesday) at Art Journal Journey where we're asking What's Your Style? You still have time to share your art.  Bleubeard and I would LOVE to see your style.  You know that ours today is travel and partying (so not my real style).
 

22 thoughtful remarks:

sirkkis said...

Beautiful collage page and interesting photos.
Have a happy day and wonderful February ahead xx

Sami said...

Lovely collage Elizabeth. In Brasil, Portugal and Portuguese colonies we celebrate Carnival - which would go from Saturday until Shrove Tuesday.
We Australia we don't celebrate Carnival or Shrove Tuesday.
Have a lovely time :)

Iris Flavia said...

Great page, oh, I would love to visit New Orleans!
Usually in February Germans celebrate carnival. Not this year. Again.

Mia said...

I searched Mardi Gras in Google. I did not know the celebration of this day. We have a similar celebration in Greece. It is called "Tsiknopempti" and we eat meat. Of course, we celebrate carnival too. Great page, Elizabeth. Hugs, my friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Elizabeth. Here carnival is usually celebrated but most celbrations have been cancelled this year. Have a gret day, hugs, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Lovely pictures. Here in Galicia, they celebrate Carnival--It's celebrated in Portugal, too, although we will miss it in Braga—if there is a public celebration—since we are spending a few days in Galicia. For the past two years, due to the pandemic, public displays were locked down. This year, on Tuesday, we are expecting floats and parades. For a few days, we've been seeing both kids and adults in costumes.

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice to travel to exciting places from the comfort of my chair. Lovely collage.

Mae Travels said...

Enjoying Mardi Gras in NOLA is everybody’s dream, and as a dream you don’t have to worry about drunken crowds and other unpleasant problems with where to stay and all that. So I liked your penultimate post and now look forward to the ULTIMATE one!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Nor my real style these days either. Nice to do it in your lovely art though.

Debra said...

I can picture Bluebeard kicking up his heels! I hope the kitties are feeling better. Loved your page here-the vintage colors are nice too.

My name is Erika. said...

I didn't know tomorrow was Mardi Gras. It might be a bit crowded for me at Mardi Gras, so I will just enjoy it by looking at your page. Maybe tomorrow I should make a King Cake again. I hope you swing your beads and have a hurricane drink wile celebrating. I'd say two but those drinks are really strong, and I know you aren't a drinker. Smile. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Elizabeth

Divers and Sundry said...

Fat Tuesday! Pancakes is my immediate thought lol

craftytrog said...

A wonderful Mardi Gras page Elizabeth!
I'm looking forward to my pancakes tomorrow :-)
Alison

*Vicki* said...

Some day I hope to visit here! The photos are amazing! What a very lovely collage for your theme this month!! I love it! Fat Tuesday sounds like something I might need to partake in although I've not heard of this before! LOL!

Rita said...

I am also doing armchair travel--LOL!
Have a great week, Elizabeth! :)

Birgit said...

One day I would love to make it to New Orleans. The pictures you showcase here with thew background truly emphasise the Mardi Gras especially the masks. I would love to attend a ball like this.

Christine said...

Beautiful post Elizabeth! Well done on hosting!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu....dood....who new ewe could dance !!! 984 pawz up..☺☺☺ and squiggles we hope ewe iz 984 timez way better :) ♥♥

letz all haza sum crab cake ;) ♥♥

Cloudia said...

Sweet!

DVArtist said...

Really lovely art.

Linda Kunsman said...

Great journal page and representation of new Orleans and Mardi Gras. Would love to see this city one day...
PS- on a side note- about the TH Paper Dolls I used recently - not sure if they are newer or older. I got a pkg. two months ago at JoAnne's and they looked different than the ones I already had so I bought them.