Thursday, March 3, 2022

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Dragons

 

It's Thursday, and my hosting responsibilities at Art Journal Journey have now ended.  That means I can once again join Rain's Thursday Art DateHowever, Rain is on hiatus, and Christine has taken on the responsibility.  Please be sure to visit Christine to see what others are creating for TAD.  This week the theme is dragons.  I've been out of the loop so long, I didn't get the message that Rain is once again hosting.  You'll find the link at Rain's blog, too.

  This dragon is from a Chinese New Year spread.

This dragon is very, very long and is found at the Botanical Gardens in my city,

Unfortunately, in this photo, the head of the dragon is in shadow.

Photos taken by me.  Art created by me.

Thank you beyond belief for stopping by today.  I am truly grateful to you, my dear friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join Bleubeard and me and share our art at TAD.

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I like your art very much and believe me, I will remember to keep such items for art, too (copy-cat, huh).
I remember when a dragon nearly made me drop my camera at Chinese New Year in Perth, LOL.
The Botanical Garden-dragon is wonderful!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous art and photos! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your dragon collage. Happy Thursday

Much💛love

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool theme and your dragon spread is awesome

Jeanie said...

Very cool dragon!

Divers and Sundry said...

Shiny! I love your dragon, and the dragon feature in your gardens is wonderful.

Mae Travels said...

Dragons are wonderful, and I love that they existed in early European lore as well as in Asian traditions. The most beautiful dragons I've seen have been on some Chinese pottery and screens. I also like the dragon in "The Hobbit."

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely take on the dragon theme Elizabeth!

DVArtist said...

Perfect for the theme. Have a wonderful day.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

oh em cod how cool is the dragon.... I bet the gardens are amazing ! :) ♥♥

My name is Erika. said...

Definitely nice dragons today. That's an interesting theme. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...a great choice.

kathyinozarks said...

awesome page

Lowcarb team member said...

Great choices for Rains theme.

All the best Jan

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Welcome back ... it would seem everyone has taken a break this winter and we are all back together again. Love your Asian Dragons ... you just reminded me that I have many pictures of dragons on staircases in Thailand that I didn't use in my post :( Oh well ...
So how are you and how is Bluebeard? We have much catching up to do, I think. Today the sun is shining and the temperatures are in the 60's, but alas, tomorrow we are back in the 40's and next week possible snow and in the 30's. I do think winter is winding down and I must say I won't miss it when it's gone. Glad you're back and looking forward to your fun contributions at Rains.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nice photo captures. Strangely now, I want Chinese food. I wonder why? lol

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great photos Elizabeth- the gardens must be flowering well by now!, hugs,Chrisx

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that was a LOOOOOONg dragon. It does a great job being beautiful on the wall.

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! That's some beautiful dragon, very nice sculpture there. Even though the head is in the shadow, you can really see the detail in the head! Love it! ☺