Friday, March 4, 2022

Friday Smiles 462: The good, the bad, and the ugly truth

 

I guess we should get the good news out of the way first, since it is, after all, Friday Smiles.  I'm sure you know that Friday Smiles is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  The good news is both my furbabies are well and as rambunctious as ever.  It appears I fed them a can of cat food that didn't sit well on either of their tummies.  I was cleaning up messes for a day and a half as a result.  That is all behind us now, though.  Way behind!

The other good news is, today is my friend Erika's birthday.  Some of you know her, some know her as Bio Art Gal, and some of you will not have heard of her before.  Now's the time to visit her and wish her a very happy birthday.

Now for the bad news.  Several days before the end of January, I took my planner to (I thought) the kitchen to photograph the rest of the year.  I had not photographed anything other than the blank January pages.  

I had already added the tea cups to all the pages, and had decorated each month, too.  The next day, when I went looking for my planner to write the previous day's activity, I couldn't find it.  I hunted high and low for it.  I have looked EVERYWHERE I can think of.  To this very day, I cannot find it.
 
I moaned and groaned to my friend Sally, who gave me this planner in the first place.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do, so I wrote daily notes of what I would add to the pages if I ever found it again.  A few days ago, she brought me her Day Timer pages.  She told me they had changed the format, and she found she didn't care for it.  She gave me her monthly Day Timer and I had just enough time to fill in all the cups, but no time to decorate the pages, except the one for March.  She gave me March through December, so I have nothing I can show for January or February.  I'm still searching for that original planner, though!

The bad thing is, I had to start all over again, and this calendar is not as friendly, in my opinion, although it is easier to scan, since the entire month is on a single page.  I give you March, 2022 ready to be written in.  Since it is also decorated for spring, I'm joining Valerie at Bastelmania, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Bleubeard and I hope to see you there, too.

There hasn't been a whole lot to smile about in my world this week.  Having two sick cats in a freezing house wasn't exactly smile worthy.  Further, I think the whole world, or at least MOST of the world, feels the same as I.  Today, instead of humor, I give you something to think about: Ukraine.
















And my personal favorite:

Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Bleubeard said it would be fun to s*it in those woods.  Bleubeard and I want everyone to know we stand firmly behind the people of Ukraine fighting a dictator for their homeland. We further feel sorry for the poor uninformed Russians caught in the middle of Putin's war.


27 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I hope you find your planner! I never understand how things you had in your hand one minute can just disappear!
The news from Ukraine is indeed disturbing and very scary.
Glad the cats are recovered.

Iris Flavia said...

Yay to your healthy ones!
And actually, having a new calendar you should´ve found the original - where is Murphy?!

Yes. These are the saddest and fearful days.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, we are living in scary days, the news is really frightening. Thanks for linking your planner tomy challenge at AJJ!

Sami said...

Glad the fur babies are healthy again Elizabeth. I remember putting a few things away safely and then forgetting where they are 😁. Hope you eventually find your planner. Nice signs in support of Ukraine, love the T-shirt one. All very scary, hope that mad man can be stopped soon!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm glad your fur babies are okay. How awful. And I wonder where your original planner went. It has to be there somewhere.

Lisca said...

I hope you find your planner soon. It's so annoying. I do things like that too. I had bought Denthe's 2022 calendar in early November but when the New Year arrived I couldn't find it. We turned the house upside down but It remained elusive until two days ago when I found it (where I didn't expect it).
Hurray for healthy kitties! I'm so glad they are okay.
Yes, the news is very scary. Thank you for all those Ukraine memes. I like the puck futin one. Let's hope for better news soon.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

First of all, thanks for the birthday shout out. I have sun today but very cold temperatures so a day of art next to woodstove sounds like a great birthday for me. Nice Ukraine memes today too. It's such a sad situation, so many useless deaths and destruction. What a waste. I hope you have a great Friday and start tot he weekend. hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

I’ve learned I will find something when I stop looking in every place I can think of looking. Where I least expect it…that’s where it will be. Happy Birthday to Erika!

Annie said...

I hope you find your planner and I’m really glad your fur babies are feeling better now.
Hugs,
Anniw

kathyinozarks said...

that is so frustrating when one can't find something-and know it is here somewhere.
so good to hear the kitties are doing better-hugs

Jeanie said...

Do you have a heating pad or two? That might make you -- and both the cats -- more comfortable in the cold. I use mine quite often. The issues in Ukraine are breaking my heart.

Mae Travels said...

Things around our house are always disappearing, though most often they do turn up eventually. First I look in the places where I think I put them. Then I look in the places where I KNOW they can’t be. I hope you discoverer your planner in some unexpected place!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sandra Cox said...

Your planner is probably with my bras I keep misplacing:) My socks, no problem:)
This does feel like the beginning of the holocaust all over again, doesn't it? Ghastly. Just ghastly.

Sandra Cox said...

PS The cats probably hid the planner:)

Divers and Sundry said...

I trust this is an all's well that ends well situation and that this planner will be the perfect thing.

What a mess in Ukraine. Tragic :(

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I thought I'd never get back. They are doing loads of road works around the city including at the end of our street so it's been a bit difficult getting anywhere but I'm here now. Pleased the kitties are better, sounds awful. It is strange I know that things like the planner can go missing and it will almost certainly turn up in time and you'll think why didn't I remember putting it there Lol! The other day I tried putting the kettle in the fridge. I know why it happens because I'm not thinking about what I'm doing, my head is full of card, paper and resin thoughts Lol! There was a young lady on the TV the other day being interviewed at a railway station, her family had sent her to escape the fighting in Ukraine in the hope that at least one member of the family would survive. When she was asked about Putin she said if he was there she would kill him with her own bare hands. You can understand how she feels. Stay safe and hope we all have some better news soon. Hugs, Angela xXx

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you find your planner. I misplaced insoles for shoes so I know the frustration. 🌻

junemac2 said...

Glad the fur babies are good and that all is now going in the right direction wit the calendar. I agree with the Putin posts too,
Hugs June x

Rita said...

Glad the cats are better!
Hope you find your planner.
Prayers for Ukraine!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope you can find your planner.
Saying prayers for Ukraine and for everyone affected by this war.

All the best Jan

Debra said...

Yes-so agree with your post about Putin.
It is so heartbreaking-I hope this ends well.....

craftytrog said...

I've been praying for an end to this madness, such sad and scary times!
Glad the boys are ok now, and I hope you find your planner. The one page calendar looks good though.
Alison

mamapez5 said...

Sorry I am late visiting. It has been a busy few days. I do hope you find your planner. If it is any consolation to you, I have a 'black hole' in my kitchen too and things just disappear into it! At least your friend had ofered you an alternative.
It is good to know the cats are back on track. They can be quite sensitive to different foods, but I do like to offer some variety sometimes. I often wish I had stuck to their usual one!
Have a good, hopefully warmer,week.
Kate x

RO said...

I think 🤔 Sandra is on point, and the 😸 kitties hid the Planner. I know how you must be feeling, and totally hope you find it soon. I hate that your babies are sick, and hope they feel better soon. Sending lots and lots 💓 of healing hugs, and praying that all will be well soon. Hugs, RO

Linda said...

The situation in Ukraine is heartbreaking and scary. I am glad to see so many people voicing support for the victims of Putin's lust for power.

Meggymay said...

What a week you must have had, that planner calendar will turn up where you least expect it to be sometime in the future. It was really good new about the boys, so worrying for you.
The people of the Ukraine are on all our minds these days and the daily news seems to offer no signs of hope. Today yet again they have said the safe zones are not worry for folk to leave the country.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad you can carry on even if it isn't an ideal replacement. I hope you find the original - I lost mine a few years ago and it turned up ages afterwards under a pile if things I had moved from my desk. You've still made it look great. Watching the news today was heartbreaking, hugs, Chrisx