Thursday, March 17, 2022

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Angels

 

First, I want to wish every Irish person and those who identify as Irish on this day only, a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.  

It's Thursday, and time to join Rain's Thursday Art Date.  This week is all about Angels.

This is the cover of my rust altered book.  

These angels are heavenly.

This mixed media angel journal page was created to pay homage to my grandmother (grandparents raised me from birth) who is my guardian angel.

Angels created in an altered book.  Sorry the lighting sucked.  

I hope you can see these pages better.  This is the left side and

this is the right side.

This is a decent photo of the right side before the left was decorated.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEirfF-k1IzD1kbvESbrH6bZNj_gndZLYMw26Sbr0MSL6MTrFHYkz9SA36DpHtdTZ9H6J8XPdH97ZnObdhyy3yx8RHc6xZVCiSscDtDgaElupiYucI7mHiRfgfDx2B3ZaqkZMJs03Q/s640/1.jpg  This angel tag was made at Christmas using a playing card and two postage stamps.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhpdxhxqyxMVqGpB67V1u_oZ-unIsnM5ZYKtoACVK8W0t5lolqx-05knlBuECsUq6Uql_3ndnwLrf61fwm0oWKmFZiaUSclfadi_lsPw2Lcrws0wi1OvjLQ9gqLx44NNVdy2JxmtQ/s1600/6.jpg Then I added the tag to a spread in my Challenges altered book. 

[Kitchen+angel.jpg]  I created this kitchen angel in my food and drink altered book.

  This was Day 11 of my altered art Advent Calendar I created at Christmas.

  This is another angel image I created to pay homage to my grandmother who crocheted the rose I added to the heart.

  This is a small collage I created from scraps and leftovers.  The base is a cracker box.  To that I added a map of Florida, a gifted die cut of the states, and a faux cloisonné heart with a peace sign inside it.

  Not every angel begins on paper.  Polymer clay was used to create this angel.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgicMsKIYehazP1VV3ytG23PTVTvlQSy1wd5bgfMZlYxoP3uVpP_5Mh5HuBXMvxIqp2WUfCS6vSzgNTLmFv6M4DlDGOjej_HFUPjfP75AJUbuYTdrfyEjIKn3ugfjqxxyfnxQ6gtw/s1600/1.jpg  It appears angels often come out at Christmas.
 
  "Angels we have heard on high, 
Singing sweetly through the night,
 
  And the mountains in reply 
Echoing their brave delight.  
Gloria in excelsis Deo." 
 
  Another Christmas spread in my Challenges altered book with angels.

And finally

  this angel sits atop one of my table top Christmas trees.

Thank you beyond belief for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you, my dear friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.  Bleubeard hopes some angels will help the Ukrainians in their fight to save their homeland.

Bleubeard and I are going to pass on Unicorns and Mermaids & Water Creatures.  We will be back April 28.  Feel free to drop by during my 22 days of recycling leading up to bEARTHday.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Absolutely love your first work!
And the tribute to your grandmother is wonderful.
Great idea with the stamps, as the notes! The kitchen angel-idea is clever and the rose very beautiful.
I like your heartland, oh, Christmas will be here in no time again!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautifu art for Rain's challenge. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Angels are missing from our current world. I hope you bring them back. Happy St. Parick’s day.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, my goodness. These are all so lovely. What an artist you are in creating them.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful angels and a lovely tribute to your grandmother. I loved the kitchen angel, too. Fun and clever.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm looking for something green to wear lol Every year. I need to buy a shirt or something...

Gillena Cox said...

Luv all your angel interpretations.
Happy St Patrick's Day

Much💚love

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your mixed media collage work is marvelous!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

grandmothers are the BEST ! the little square she crocheted is really really neat; glad you have been able to keep it !!

the book cover is AWESOME Elizabeth...way cool :)

top o de mid afturr noon two all; anda happee st patz... & st gertrudez
catz day az well
🍀🍀

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful variety of angels ~ all precious ~ they are all around us ~ just call on them ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love and peace in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Lovely angel post Elizabeth! Happy St Paddy's!

NatureFootstep said...

so many angels. I recognize a few of them :)

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful collection of angels. I love the kitchen angel best!

Sandra Cox said...

Lots of creativity here.
And your grandparents are and were angels.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy St Patricks Day to all who celebrate it.

Loved your art for Rains theme ...

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

You have so many wonderful angels and angel art today Elizabeth. I can tell this is a theme you enjoy. That kitchen angel is so much fun too. I love how you added the little wooden looking fork and spoon. Hope your week is going better than last week. hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A heavenly post Elizabeth, no pun intended full of Angels and Guardians the journal page that pays homage to your GrandMother is a sweet delight. You have so many around you and in your designs, I think we all need/have and angel to keep watch over us. Happy belated St Patricks Day, my DIL to be's Birthday.
Apologies too for my lack of getting to visit, i'm between homes at present so hard to get online throughout the week. Glad I could get here today.
Hugs Tracey x

Tom said...

...I hope that you will have a heavenly day.

Meggymay said...

I've had a lovely visit and all the art pages you showed us look awesome. I have to say my biggest smile was when I w saw the photo of Bleubeard a real handsome photo.
Yvonne xx

Cathy Kennedy said...

Your vintage angel journal pages are lovely. I love vintage style stuff! I tried polymer clay out for the first time late last year. I made Christmas ornaments using white clay, stamping a filigree pattern on the bells, using paint pens, and glitter on them. For my first try, I was pleased with how they turned out. I really like the purple metallic/glittery polymer clay you used. I may have to get some like that! Thanks for the inspiring artwork. :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You apologize for being late when you post on Thursday evening ... what can I say when I don't post until Sunday, Ugh. I do apologize but I am very busy these days and find it hard to get everything done that I think I need to do. You have an impressive array of angels here. A lot of work went into these over time and they are lovely. Sorry you have to leave us again ... you will be missed. Hope all is well :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

craftytrog said...

Beautiful angel art Elizabeth!

Debra said...

LOVE that rust altered book! Your angels are lovely!

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love ALL of your angels, especially the Kitchen Angel! Wonderful! How sweet that your grandmother is your guardian angel. I feel like my furries are my guardian angels! I love the clay angel too!♥