Saturday, February 26, 2022

Haute

 

Although Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, Bleubeard thinks this spread is a bit too girly for him.  He decided to sit this one out, but is still asking why I decided this was my style today.

As you can see, I have named this Haute.

It definitely answers the question What's my style?  My style is definitely about sewing paper to paper!

Sadly, I haven't done as much sewing as I could this month.  I'm trying to rectify that today.

I also did a bit of stamping, something I am definitely not known for.  In fact, it took five tries to get a "decent" stamping.

I made a bit of a mess of the background because I didn't glue the sewing pattern line drawing to the 110 lb substrate before I sewed it in place using variegated thread.  I decided I actually liked the look because it reminded me of the folds in a dress.  I then sewed the dress in place that I had stamped on cardstock.  Next, I computer generated the word Haute, then colored it using two gel pens I thought complimented the colors of the thread.  Finally, I fussy cut each of the letters and glued them in place.

Bleubeard and I are truly happy you dropped by today.  We sincerely hope you'll join us at Art Journal Journey where we're asking What's Your Style?  Today, mine is sewing.

 

11 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Funny coincidence - I really wanted to get up the machine to shorten the super-trousers Ingo bought me.
And that´s all your "fault", LOL.

Love the colors of the page and stamp! And the sewing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, Elizabeth, great idea with the sewing pattern and sewing. I have to wait with sewing till I'm back home again! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I think this is your style, maybe not haute fashion but definitely the stitching. I love the stamp you used too. I haven't seen this one on any pages, and it is a nice image. Someone had to do a sewing theme this month. I'm surprised we didn't see a lot of these. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Nicely done. My mother was a seamstress and worked long hours in a factory sewing silk linings into dresses with matching coats sold in New York stores. She was always sewing things at home, too. There was always something being fitted on the dress form. Just before she retired, she took some classes at the Boston School of Fashion Design. Learned to make her own patterns. You page gave me some very happy memories.

Mae Travels said...

I haven’t sewed from a pattern in around 15 years — your collage makes me think about how it used to entertain me to finish a dress. (That was back when we wore dresses)

Have a good weekend!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth, I love the sewing. It's been a long while since I did some sewing on my art. Perhaps I shall sew on my next page.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Alison

Debra said...

I love this! I have been sewing since I was a little girl-started with Barbie doll clothes! My grandma taught me. I love to sew, and this post reminds me I need to do more paper sewing.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, such memories pops up. My sister and I used to sew our dresses when we were young. I still have the machine but uses it only for repairs and such. :)

Meggymay said...

Bleubeard should be proud of your stylish page, it looks fantastic the way you included the pattern. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Tell Bleubeard how many tailors are men ;) I like seeing you include all the stitching.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how the background looks like fabric! A truly wonderful page Elizabeth, Hugs, Chrisx