Friday, February 25, 2022

Before we go

 

I'm sure you know by now Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our theme is Whats Your Style?  Our style today is to create our travel itinerary.

Bleubeard and I have a lot of planning before we are able to head to the Caribbean.
 
There are obvious things and some not so obvious things we need to make sure we have before we head to the Caribbean.  One thing is, I am going to place my booster certificate with my passport, along with Bluebeard's required vaccines.  Per several sites, he must have a health certificate issued no more than 15 days prior the arrival date, an anti-rabies vaccine, triple vaccine (distemper, leptospirosis, hepatitis), and Parvo-virus vaccine certificates showing inoculations 15 days prior to arrival date.  
 
Just as I will buy a new hat and casual wear, Bleubeard gets a new cat collar.  If you are going, be sure to remember, although the dress  is casual, it is also semi formal as in all Latin countries.  My loose fitting cotton dresses will fit in nicely there.
 
Of course, we must plan our itinerary, too.
 
We need to take care of all these things before we go. 
 
If we take care of all these chores in advance, we can be assured of a safe and fun trip and a wonderful time soaking up the local culture under palm trees at the beach.

Bleubeard and I hope you will join us as we prepare for this travel adventure.  That is one of my favorite styles, because I am geographically challenged.  Before we go is what we are sharing today.

We sincerely hope you'll join us at Art Journal Journey where we're asking What's Your Style? You still have several days to share your art with us.  We would LOVE to see your style, even if it's eclectic.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Cool, were are you going?
Oh, just remember. "Back then" you packed some summer-clothes, toothbrush etc, passport and off you were.

Great work, reminds of what my Dad did when I was born :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovey page, enjoy your trip! I want to go with you! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go. I don't need much of an itinerary. I'll be happy sitting on the beach. So much better than having to shovel all the snow. I hope your good neighbor helps with your driveway again.

Mae Travels said...

I'm sure you'll have fun!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

Preparing is sometimes half the fun. Before a trip, I usually have my suitcase open on the spare bed for more than a week as I decide what to take. I would probably make an itinerary as I would like to island hop. Lying on the beach seems boring. (I don't know as I have never done it).
Keep us posted.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

I need a couple of good books also for the beach, and my flip flops too. No itinerary needed for me, unless it's coastal Mexico because I want to go see the Mayan (or is it Aztec) ruins. Otherwise, the beach, a nice tropical drink and a big book are good for me. Thanks for the fun thought provoking page today. Thought provoking as I think about what book I want to bring along. Smile. Hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, I was just thinking about popping over to see what you were up to when I saw your comment. I think they put the boxes high up so no one can remove them. A journey at the moment would be nice, missing our ski trips but maybe next year. Hope I don't forget how to prep. for them Lol! Happy crafty weekend. Angela xXx

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love the planning part. You should check if you need to pre-book for any sights you might want to see. I always prefer to have my tickets in advance.
I also make sure that my e-reader is loaded with library books.
Notify your bank.
Plenty of space for photos - and I always have an external hard drive or USB for backup.

kathyinozarks said...

another great page. when I grew up my Mom always totally planned out our week long or 2 week long vacation camping trips-but she had everything totally planned for each day. now I just "wing" it haha but my husband was never interested in traveling so have not gone anywhere except for My yellowstone trip a few years ago Happy friday and weekend

Rita said...

The only traveling I can do is armchair travel--LOL! But even that is enjoyable. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm ready! I'll be spending a lot of time on that beach :)

Jeanie said...

This will be loads of fun, Elizabeth.

Sounds like Bleubeard is better and I hope Squiggles is greatly improved.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu; just imagine de fish in thoze waterz !!! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

craftytrog said...

A great page Elizabeth. I hope you get to go on that trip soon.
Alison

Sandra Cox said...

What fun. And what a great destination.

Jenn Jilks said...

I honour people who like to travel, like my daughter and her family! I am happy to be at home!

aussie aNNie said...

Enjoy your trip and maybe I can carry your bags. xx

Debra said...

This is wonderful. I think I'll ask my goose Sam if she'd like to go....