Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Embrace Chaos

 

Welcome.  Bleubeard and I are excited about today.  This was an experiment to which both of us looked forward.

It fits in nicely with our theme we are hosting at Art Journal Journey which is What's Your Style.

We have named this Embrace chaos.  
 
It's all about drips and splatters with a bit of watercolors and book pages thrown in.
 
I've included a few detail shots.






With Bleubeard's encouragement, I dripped some grey and green ink down both lengths of a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock.  Once the green dripped down one side, I turned the page over and dripped grey down the reverse side.  I filled in around the drips with lavender, light green, and bright green watercolors, along with bits of gold fluid acrylic paint.  I also added lots of splats and splatters with the back of my paintbrush.
 
Looking at both sides, I saw a stem of leaves in my imagination.  Yes, I have a big imagination.  I cut three leaves from a book page, glued them in place, then drew around the leaves using a watercolor pencil.  I also enhanced the stem the leaves were on using the same watercolor pencil.  Finally, I added the words to the page.

I also found a new (to me) challenge blog.  It is called River of Creativity.  They are on challenge 10 (of what they are calling a relaunch).  This month their theme is anything goes and they accept all types of entries.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey where we're celebrating What's Your Style.   It's obvious today my style was all about drips and splatters.  I'm also joining River of Creativity, where the challenge is anything goes.


23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I like your page, but I hate chaos.
Ingo´s room is hard for me to enter, total chaos. Yet, ask him to get something he is quick and somehow knows exactly where which item is!
I store stuff away. And forget where to! Bad!
Maybe I should embrace chaos a bit more...

Elephant's Child said...

What a clever and fun take.
Chaos live with me - in the house and in my head.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page made me smile. I like the green and purple color combination. I'm embracing chaos by corralling it today. Enjoy your day!

My name is Erika. said...

I like this experiment. I have also been trying to go a little more abstract; not sure I've had much "luck". I like how you've dripped some color and then didn't add a lot to it. This is perfect for AJJ and your challenge. And thanks for mentioning the new challenge. I don't seem to have time to search for new challenges, but one thing I've been trying to do is join some new challenges. This looks like a fun one to join. I hope you don't mind if I copy you and join in too. Have a great Wednesday my friend. hugs-Erika

Mia said...

I love everything with drips and splatters. And I love watercoloring. So, I LOVE your page, Elizabeth. For me it is perfect. The book leaves are a clever addition. Hugs, my friend.

Jeanie said...

Drips and splatters ARE chaos but you seem to have mastered the chaos well into a beautiful and unified whole. I really do love the colors and the feeling here.

one irrational bean said...

Love the colors. Sometimes the best thing is to embrace the chaos

Divers and Sundry said...

No chaos for me, please, but I like your colors here, and those leaves look to be thriving through their chaos :)

Mae Travels said...

Mathematical chaos theory is a fascinating subject, much too deep for me. But I do embrace chaos with lots of other meanings, and I like the thought.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

There is enough chaos I do not need to embrace it. However, I do love the art.

craftytrog said...

That is my kinda page Elizabeth! I love it! Great colour combination too.
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the green and purple colour combination here :)

All the best Jan

Sharon Madson said...

First of all, I like the colors! Secondly, I love how you did the leaves out of book pages and outlined them. I have to say I like your style on this one. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

My imagination is fried! I am happy you have yours!

Meggymay said...

It may have been an experiment but the resulting page looks fantastic, more super inspiration for AJJ .
Yvonne xx

Zoechaos said...

This looks like a great deal of fun it is certainly a joyful page. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you especially after you left some lovely comments on my blog. That you then followed the link and found the River of Creativity makes me so happy especially when it results in your sharing something as creative and joyful as this. Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your art with us at River of Creativity. xx

brenda said...

Fabulous artwork, loving the colours and all the elements of interest, thanks so much for sharing with us at River of Creativity.

B x

sirkkis said...

I love these pages 😍 Beautiful color combo, elegant layout and composition. Really charming, Elizabeth.
Have a happy upcoming weekend 🌺🎨
P.S. Where can I see your junk journal? I'm thrilled to see it 🤩

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu "encouragement" hey !!!

very colorful piece Elizabeth; I've always liked purples and greens together and this turned out very nice !! :) ♥♥

peggy gatto said...

thanks so much!!

Debra said...

I love this too! Each close-up could be a work on its own. Well done!

Neet said...

Quite often I feel my life is in chaos - like today when I know I am behind with blogging comments and making birthday cards for friends. But I love drips and splatters and book pages. Funny how I love them but unless I am doing a certain thing I don't think about them. Thanks for reminding me of them.
Hugs, Neet xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I get quite used to embracing chaos Elizabeth - this looks fabulous and those colours are so calming! Hugs, Chrisx