Monday, February 7, 2022

T Stands For Tea Leaves

 

Today we are meeting in my very dark kitchen for T Tuesday.  As you may know, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our theme is What's Your Style? 

We've created a journal page that features a play on words.
 
As you can read, we named it Tea Leaves.  Here are a few detail shots.






Stencils ruled this journal page.  From the alphabet I used for the words to the background, I used several on this 110 lb cardstock substrate.  I started by laying down three snippets of foreign book pages.  Over that I glued three teabags, which qualify for T.  Next, I added the gifted skeleton leaves, and finally I added the stencils and the words.

Bleubeard and I hope to see you for T, but also hope you'll join us at Art Journal Journey where we're asking What's Your Style?  Today my style is definitely stencils and collage.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.
 
 
 
 


 

30 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

Oh I love your tea-leaves journal page! The colour is beautiful. Great that you were able to use the letter stencils.They realy finish it off.
I am a bit behind in reading your blog and have only just read about the drug store in the Museum. That cabinet is truely amazing. I would indeed love to have that for my craft suply. Although I would have to first get a house big enough to house it!
Happ T-Day,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

Tea leaves are a good thing to use in designs. The ones I found on the web look a little different than yours, maybe there are different kinds. I had tea on my mind — my participating post has images of a Chinese tea set, and my later most, from this morning, includes a reference to bergamot-flavored tea.

Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The layers are fabulous with the stenciling and skeleton leaves - perfect 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Sharon Madson said...

Tea leaves! What a great post for TSFT! It is definitely your style , too. Happy T Day, Dear Elizabeth.

Linda Kunsman said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth!! There is a lovely softness upon each layer. And I do love a play on words:):) Happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

Loving your tea-leaves page. The neutral colors are perfect.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

I Love your page Elizabeth-loving the tea bags and this is really an awesome page

My name is Erika. said...

I get it. Leaves and tea bags. Tea leaves. This is a fun take for T this week. And it works for AJJ. Your style is word play for sure. Have a great T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

This is so delicate and pretty. I love it;)

Darla said...

Wonderful layers on this page. I also like the subtle changes of the "tea" color. I think you did an outstanding job.

Elephant's Child said...

Blown away. Again.

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful page, love the color, the leaves and the text, great combination. I could see that framed on the wall.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. I wonder what your fortune is if we could read the tea leaves. Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page, so beautiful wit te leaves and patterns. Happy T Day, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Well, I can't think of a more appropriate piece for T-Day! And it's beautiful. There is something about those soft browns that I really love and these all work so well together. There is great harmony there. But then, tea does bring harmony, I think!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the subtle colors and how you arranged the elements. Perfect for T Day :)

Cloudia said...

Your journal page is quite lovely. Wishing you both a wonderful week!

DVArtist said...

This is brilliant. The overlapping and the colors are amazing.

Rita said...

Lovely and delicate. :)

Birgit said...

Excellent page on Tea bags and the leaves...the colour is great..one colour but varying shades. lovely.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

really neat piece Elizabeth !!! I like the colors and the design; well done !! :) ☺☺♥3

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your Tea Leaves page! Another brilliant piece of recycling! Hugs, Chrisx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post, those colours together are so pretty....great combo.xx

Meggymay said...

Wow, this looks awesome. I love how you used and recycle the tea bags and those leaves look beautiful.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love your play on words Elizabeth. A wonderful page, and great to see some teabags :D

Lowcarb team member said...

I do enjoy a cup of tea ... and I love your tea-bags/leaves page, it's amazing.

All the best Jan

Empire of the Cat said...

Loved your page with the tea and skeleton leaves - I have a packet of those I've had for years and used them for many things - they are so useful. No idea where to get some when they run out as they are years old. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Debra said...

Lovely. I am drawn to tea colored things anyway-yours are so pretty.

Neet said...

How good do those leaves look against the tea bags and the stencilling. I thought they too were stencilled in some way. This is a beautiful page Elizabeth.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Fiona said...

Thank you for the inspiration - I loved doing my page