Monday, December 27, 2021

The Stars

 

Today I am once again joining my friend Valerie of Bastelmania, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Valerie's theme is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.

It's obvious this is a home of the stars.

It's obvious. Stars live behind this door.

This is the star-studded door.


You can see them through the windows, too.

For this page, I started with a sheet of 110 lb cardstock that I colored using Staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I designed the house that I cut out of scrapbook paper. I created the door from a piece of used file folder and added it to the house.  Next, I added the sticker stars to the house and the wooden star I tried to color gold to the door.  I also drew a star for the door knob.  Finally, I computer generated the words that I added, then drew around using a blue gel pen.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When One Door Closes, Another One Opens. You still have a few days to share your art with us.

To finish my Art Journal Advent Calendar, 

the prompt for Day 22 was Looking back.

I've provided a few close-ups. 

I included Boxing Day from 2020 because it was part of looking back before Christmas, 2021 and after Christmas, 2020.

If you've been around my blog at all this past year, you read about and saw many photos of me removing the bamboo that had totally invaded and taken over my back yard

just in time for the Neighborhood Clean-up.

After the clean-up, I held a party at my house for National Night Out.  I was also harvesting a great deal of herbs at this time, too.

I also forgot Bleubeard's birthday, although I remembered to get my Covid booster.  I stamped some and used a lot of shiny, glittery, gold, hard-to-photograph stickers on this page.

Day 23's prompt was Winter Wonderland.

The cats were hiding in, around, or behind the trees.  The trees and the poinsettia were stamped.  I used both a green gel pen and a silver Krylon pen to write the words by hand (and I can't even read my own lousy handwriting).

Day 24's prompt is Word for 2022.  I usually have more time to pick my word.  I have my word and I have started the page, but I didn't have time to complete it because Scott and I spent the 24th and 25th together.  I'll share it on Wednesday, and I will also place it on my blog's right sidebar, too.  After all, I will have it for a full year.

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your creation - and hope that you can ALWAYS find and see the stars.

Cloudia said...

Starring Bleubeard!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for another lovely entry for my challenge. I love the idea of stars being in the house. How wonderful to open the door and see the stars within, I am delighted with this one. Nice pages for your advent challenge, too. I'm still playing catch-up with LG 21! I was out early this morning for a blood test and got a Covid test as well while I was there. Now it's coffee-time. Have a nice day, see you later! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Elizabeth, what a great idea. The colours are perfect for a Winter page too! Loving all the details in your 'Looking Back 'page and those cute cats having fun with the Christmas trees is such fun.
On another note entirely I am having so many difficulties making comments on some blogs, even blogs where I have commented on some posts I suddenly get blocked out with a 'read only' comment box!
I have also had problems with a similar thing happening on my own blog when I want to add photos!(I have found how to get around that)
I sometimes have five in a row on separate blogs at which point T stops me from going on as he worries about my stress levels!
Feeling bad about this but there doesn't seem to be a way round it...yet!!
Hugs, Chrisx

Mae Travels said...

I’ve been looking back at this year too. It seemed so optimistic until it wasn’t! Let’s hope for better global health — and better software for blogger.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I love the idea of stars living behind the door. I wonder what kind of stars they are. Movie stars maybe, or maybe the door is like a telescope that allows someone to see actual stars. It is a really clever page. And I have been looking back on 2021 also. Putting many random days in some kind of order.Your advent calendar pages are great. Happy new week, and see you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really cool!

junemac2 said...

How beautiful and magical. May i ask what the Stazon does combined with Isopropryl alcohol ? If its good i need to know lol.
Love from June xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the stars piece. I'll open that door and walk towards them :)

Susan Kane said...

Your art always brightens a day.

Meggymay said...

I also like the idea of stars behind doors but mine would be those that we see in the night sky, its a super page. Thank you for your inspiration and for the lovely email card you have sent me a few days ago and most of all for you friendship across the miles.
Stay safe my friend.
Yvonne xx
d

craftytrog said...

A beautiful starry page Elizabeth!

Jeanie said...

I love your saying for the stars. And those cats hiding -- such fun!

Neet said...

I like the mosaic building that houses the stars. So pretty. Now, apart from the door, are those starry windows hiding celestial stars or movie stars? I guess my mind goes to this question being an English person who has visited the Beverley Hills area in America but never seen a single movie star. However, I think they are stars of the sky.
Well done on the pages of your Advent Calendar, love the little cats.
Hugs, Neet xxx