Monday, December 27, 2021

T Stands For Thanks Again

 

Please join me at my dining room table.

It won't be long and the background will be gone and the dining room table will return to its former boring self.  Even the Thanksgiving-to-Christmas china will be  put away for another year.  As you can see, 

my drink of choice is eggnog, which I will pour shortly.  I have washed this glass three times, and it still looks like it isn't clean.

I'm also eating some of the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted.  My friend Scott prepared and baked it, along with a homemade pumpkin pie.  I attribute the wonderful taste to Vietnamese cinnamon, which he brought with him.  It was so much fun fixing meals next to Scott.  It made cooking far less tedious for me.

Now that I have my food and drink, it's time to share the wonderful cards I received this week after we met last Tuesday for T time.  I really don't like winter in my dining room because of the shadows that never ever go away.

It occurred to me this week that I had not shown Sharon's card.  We traded cards when she dropped some gifts off for me.  Don't you just love the cute gingerbread decoration and the bow?  It goes well with the gingerbread paper background. Sharon makes all one-of-a-kind cards.

Look at the tree on the inside.  I love that stamp she used.  Isn't it stunning?  And it's a TREE, too!  Thank you so very much, Sharon.  I am SO glad we met, too!

Speaking of trees, we all know who created this.  After all, she gave us a tutorial on how to make our own.  Yes, it's our friend CJ who created this beauty for the "boys" and me.
 
Sorry, Lisca.  For some reason, I couldn't get this postage stamp in focus, no matter what I did.
 
Look at the adorable Christmas greeting I got from CJ's mew (new) family members.  As I was looking at this, a light bulb came on.  I know I'm dense at times.  I've been told that for someone who has such a high IQ, I really need to be hit over the head with reality at times.

My mistake in missing the "clues" was I thought when CJ said they adopted two kittens from a shelter in AL and they were seven months old, their names came with them.  After all, that's the first thing I taught my cats: their names.  My first cat (Dog) was so well trained that if someone called "here kitty, kitty," he wouldn't even look up.  That's why it has taken me this long to realize the names Calli and Quill are ones CJ, and possibly her husband, have given them.  DUH!  Yes, CJ, please laugh, because I was so dense I didn't "get it" until now!  Thank you for this beauty, dear CJ and for thinking  of the "boys" and me this Christmas.

My final card comes from NH (which for international audiences is New Hampshire, a state on the east coast of the United States).  This stamp focused well.

My final card came from my dear friend Erika.  It may be store purchased, as she told me in the note, but it is a lovely card and looks like it could have been handmade.

Please share your favorite drink with us this week, and we'll be by to visit.  Remember the rules are simple.  A drink, any drink can be represented by art (digital, hybrid, or traditional), a cup, mug, teapot, etc.  Maybe you'll share a scrapbook page, or a favorite movie or book that focuses on a drink.  Maybe it will be something in a magazine.  And drinks don't have to be water, coffee, or tea.  You can always go off the grid and drink something we may not have heard of.  All you have to do is link below, so we can visit you, too.  Direct links ONLY, please. And Bleubeard wants to remind you these photos or scans can be taken at any time, not just on Tuesday or not even this month, if you prefer.




I would also be remiss if I didn't remind you to be "digging up" your Second Look on the 2nd, a post from the past.  That is the only requirement, that you have shown it on your blog sometime in the past.


25 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, I see you found some sweets to eat-that bread looks delicious and I am missing not having egg nog in my frig. Beautiful cards I loved seeing all of them
Happy T

Valerie-Jael said...

That pumpkin bread sounds delicious, glad Scott is a good cook. It was surely nice to have nice company over the Christmas weekend. You got some lovely cards, enjoy! HAppy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

As you guessed earlier today, my beverage is the James Bond martini in honor of the latest movie. I hope your holidays continue pleasantly and that you have fun plans for New Year’s Eve. And safe.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you had company for some or all of the holiday weekend, especially when your company to helped in the kitchen. The pumpkin bread looks yummy. And nice cards too. I don't know what happened to December and me getting to making cards this year. You would think there would have been time. I will blame me knitting that hat-smile. It is nice to have some festive colors out, especially since we've had so much grey skies. I hope you have a wonderful T day. I can't believe next T day it will be 2022. hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

That cake Scott made looks very delicious. Looks like he is a good baker. Yes, it's fun to cook/bake together. I'm glad you weren't alone.
The cards all are lovely. Each has it's personal style. Thank you for showing me the stamps. Never mind the blurry one. I know that one. But the other one (is it an otter rolling in the snow?) I had never seen. I love it, it is really original and seasonal too.
I had to smile at Calli and Quill. and the fact that you didn't 'get it'. That's easily done. I hope you could laugh about it in the end.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Great looking treats and sounds like your Christmas was lovely. I love your cards you received. All look special - even Erika's store bought card is pretty. I didn't send many this year - work and poor planning got in my way. There is always next year! Hope your New Years is special and happy T-day!!!!

Caty said...

I wish you are having very Happy Crhistmas days dear Elizabeth ! I wish you all the best for the New Year, full of happiness, love, health and with your lovely Bleubeard and Squiggles.
I would like to taste this pumpkin pie, ohh, it´s look so yummy.
The Christmas cards your friends have sent you are all wonderful, and so special. Happy T-day !!
I send you big hugss, Caty

Sharon Madson said...

Erica’s card is beautiful! Elizabeth, your table is pretty, too. I always forget to take a photo of my Christmas dinner table! Scott’s bread looks great too! I baked cookies, made bread, all kinds of food, and never thought to take photos! Also, scheduled my post, and again forgot to link here for a couple of hours! Happy T Day, dear friend. Happy New Year!

Cloudia said...

Wishing you sweet holiday times!

Elephant's Child said...

I am always happy to join you - and love your cards.

Iris Flavia said...

What can I say. I love your table!!!
And... Does that read "Promised Land" for eggnog?! You are "killing me!"
Hello from my glass to yours. Some just refuse. But, as you... I published.
That bread (and it´s making),,,, hmmmmmm!!!
It really amazes a German to see how mail really finds the owner in your place!
You must be the second president or such!

And, ohhhh, thankfully this beauty arrived in your place!
These beauties!! Plural!

Oh, thank you for the smiles, they warm my heart, truly.

I bet the stamp got eaten by capers, haha.... our cams are weird!

Taxi. Another good name for calling an animal ;-)

With all this: Still: A very Merry Time to you, always.

junemac2 said...

Making me hungry here lol Love cake. Happy New Year my friend. xxxx

Nancy Chan said...

Eggnog sounds interesting and the pumpkin bread looks yummy. Beautiful Christmas cards. Nowadays, we don't receive or send Christmas cards. We great each other with e-cards.

Divers and Sundry said...

You've been blessed with all the happiest happy mail :) and Scott sounds talented. The bread looks delicious!

Happy T Tuesday

DVArtist said...

I agree that bread looks amazing. Moist and airy. Enjoy every bite. So much Christmas fare on your table. Lovely cards. Have a very nice day.

CJ Kennedy said...

The kittens came with shelter names Angie and Joe, but these were names of other family members so wouldn't do. The Young One and I had brain-stormed names based on tools and art supplies. The girlies had given Ink his name because his coloring matched the ink I used for calligraphy. We went through Pen, Nibs, and settled on Quill. As it turned out it fit because one of his markings looks like a feather and he loves playing with a feather toy. I was stuck coming up with a name for his sister until the Young One showed me a sign on my desk that I take to Open House so people know what I teach. Calligraphy. The Young One covered "graphy" so we were left with Calli. Perfect!

Debra said...

Oh such beautiful cards!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The pumpkin bread looks scrummy! The cards are lovely and i adore your little Christmas tree. Love the stamps. I have decided that all those stamps that I've collected over the years are going to be used one way or another so watch this space. Have a lovely week, hugs Angela xXx

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks for asking about Zach's ranch dressing. He did get very excited about it. And since you asked, yes there are a couple of big gifts in the background. Those are the 2 pieces of my beehive that my husband wrapped. He got me 5 pieces and wrapped 2 of the smaller ones. I think the big lego set my daughter got for Christmas is there also. I'm sure the hives aren't very exciting. Sorry it was nothing more glamorous. Smile. hugs again-Erika

Lowcarb team member said...

Scott's pumpkin bread looks and sounds delicious ...

Many thanks for sharing these lovely cards.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

The cake looks delicious, and you received some beautiful cards Elizabeth.
Alison

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful collection of fun, pretty cards! And I really love that plaid tablecloth! I need one of those. (No, I don't NEED it -- but I LOVE it!)

Rita said...

What pretty cards!
Happy new year, Elizabeth! :)

LA Paylor said...

wishing you the best 2022 has to offer my friend
Leeanna

Empire of the Cat said...

Love all your festive mail Elizabeth, and that pumpkin bread looks delicious. Sorry for my lateness, have a sick kitty (again) :( Warm Winter Wishes and Happy belated T Day! Elle/EOTC xx