Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Spring

 

I'm once again joining my friend Valerie of Bastelmania, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Valerie's theme is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.  

It's springtime, so open your doors

and let Spring blow away all signs of Winter.
 

Open your doors.
 

I found this page in a magazine devoted that month to spring.  I loved that it had an outer and an inner door.  It was actually an ad which I had to remove and replace with the words I wrote.  It also had another part of the ad along the side of the banister, so I added the address, which you will never find in the states, at least not in my state.  All addresses in Kansas start with 100 East, West, North, or South.  There are no single of double digit addresses here.

The open sign, to which I colored using one of my new gel pens, took the pen much easier than the sentiment.  I colored the sentiment using spring colors for spring and winter colors for winter.  Sadly, I didn't do a very good job coloring the sentiment.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for another entry for my challenge at AJJ. Wouldn't it be nice to open the door and see spring outside!? Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

To Spring, oh, I can´t wait - post on doors, one in particular, to come soon, other than this, though!

Elephant's Child said...

Open doors, open hearts, open minds. Another great take on the challenge.
We can have single or double digit addresses here, and they are much more common than triple digit ones.

CJ Kennedy said...

Spring here is a lot like Winter. Cold, wet though not as much snow. Open the doors to Summer. Only 173 days until the First Day of Summer!

My name is Erika. said...

I would love to open the doors and blow out winter, or at least let some fresh air into the house. This is another great idea of AJJ and Valerie's challenge. Funny, my page today is about a big winter snow, and you have spring. It must be your weather compared to mine where we get our ideas. Smile. Hoping your last week of 2021 is going well. Hugs-Erika

Mia said...

This is a great page, Elizabeth. Perfect for Valerie's theme. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend. Kisses!

Mae Travels said...

Valerie’s open door idea has sparked so many imaginations! It’s been a delightful theme.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

A good message for us all!

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, but opening a door wide here just now, isn't an option as winter is here with all its cold, icy days.
I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year and the door to Spring can soon be opened.
Yvonne xx

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a fun theme!

DVArtist said...

Hit the theme on the mark. I just so wished it really was spring. LOL Have a great day.

Neet said...

I never noticed the internal door until I read your post.
What a delightful picture to look at on what is a dull windy, wet day here in the UK. Now I am longing for Spring.
Hugs, Neet xxx

craftytrog said...

A great take on Valerie's theme Elizabeth. Roll on Spring!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and your concern. It was a busy long weekend, seeing our kids for the first time in a while.
Best wishes,
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

It feels like Spring here! People are reporting Spring flowers in bloom! Highs in the 70s and tornado watch in effect today.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Oh gosh, we both did posts about open doors - I think it's something about the turn of the year just makes a person think of doors wide open!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! and now it lets me in to comment!
I love this page Elizabeth, great that it shows inside and outside the door!
A real hope for Spring days. We are noticing slightly lighter nights when its's not raining (which isn't often!). It is fairly warm though! Hugs, Chrisx