Thursday, December 30, 2021

My Summer Cottage

 

This will be my final entry for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.  As I'm sure you know by now, Valerie's theme is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens. You still have time to join us with your own entry, though.

This is the cottage where Bleubeard and I spend our summer days.  The air is clear and the people are friendly.

Bleubeard and I invite you to join us.

Bleubeard is snuggled in his favorite chair on the porch planning his next cat nap (as cats do).

If it gets too warm outside, you are welcome to join us inside where the air conditioner will keep you cool.

For this page, I started with a background of Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Once dry, I added the image which was cut from a strip of wallpaper border.  Finally, I added the words to the bottom of the page that I outlined with a brown dye ink pad.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey before this month is over with your own take on When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

It looks totally charming. Like Bleubeard...

Iris Flavia said...

Very sweet, both of you.
Love the heart, the "brollies", sunflowers.
No flowers without rain!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Elizabeth, I love the idea of having a summer cottage with AC, that would be something! HaVE a greAT DAY, AND THANKS FOR ANOTHER ENTRY FOR MY ThEME Sorry, my fingers are playing up! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Now that is MY kind of place. I would have to live here all the year round. What a gorgeous picture this is. I love the blue tiles and shutters, the porch with its umbrella stand, planters and that delightful wicker chair. So glad you have a bird box too.
Oh Elizabeth you have transported me to a favourite place.
Hugs & Happy New Year to you three
Neet xxx

sirkkis said...

Oh, how beautiful summer cottage you and your dear friend have! It is like a blue dream from a saga.
I wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year 2022.
And I thank you for your inspiring challenge bog all over the year 2021, Elizabeth !
Hugs, Sirkkis

Mae Travels said...

A large wicker chair on a nice big front porch sounds like a great summer choice. I hope there's a great view from the cottage -- a lake? Mountains? a little fishing village? We can dream.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That would be a great summer cottage. And I first spied the sunflowers and thought of you in the sunflower state. If only the porch chair was a highback one like you have on your porch. This is a great way to end the month at AJJ as well as a beauty for Valerie's challenge. Enjoy your day (or I hope you do if you read this comment tonight). hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I"m delighted to accept :) I'll enjoy my safe virtual visit at this lovely cottage :)

Sandra Cox said...

That cottage is so warm and inviting. I just love it.

Dianne said...

I would gladly visit you in your cozy cottage if I could! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving your kind comment. Hope you have a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year!

Barbara said...

So pretty! Also so creative to use a wallpaper border image. Well done!

Jeanie said...

I'd like to walk right into that picture and plunk myself on the porch and enjoy summer. We're expecting six inches of snow in another day or two!

Rita said...

What a beautiful perfect cottage! :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Always something I have admired, the thought of a porch surrounding my house where I could sit and admire the great outdoors 360* Such a pretty scene, cats always find the comfy seat. Really beautiful Elizabeth.
Hugs Tracey xx

DVArtist said...

This is so pretty. Well done my friend.

craftytrog said...

That's a really lovely front porch Elizabeth, and a beautiful page!