Sunday, December 26, 2021

Monday Murals: Selfie

 

I'd like to begin by wishing everyone who celebrates it, a wonderful Boxing Day.  I usually include a post on Boxing Day, but I won't be able to this year.  I also want to apologize for visiting some of you late last week.  I kept getting errors every time I tried to leave a comment.  I even shut my computer down and restarted Firefox, but that didn't seem to help.  Please accept my sincere apologies.  I was finally able to visit everyone, but it took several days.  Now for the post you were expecting.

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.   

You don't have to tell me what a horrible photo this is.  Sadly, I'm as far back as I can get and the tree that is next to me is casting a shadow over the mural.

The idea is a person stands in between the wings and takes a selfie or someone takes a photo of them.

Personally, I can't imagine how anyone would want to take a photo with those shadows in their way.  If you ask me, it's a poor spot for this mural.

As you can see, the  mural was created by Potts.  I thought it was an Avenue Art Days mural, but it doesn't appear to be.  This mural is located in back of The Pumphouse at 825 East Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today.  
 
I want to wish each of you a safe, healthy, and joyous New Year.  I hope to join you next week, even though I'm hosting my Second on the 2nd, a post where you share something on your blog that has been published in the past.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I found that Firefox and blogger really, really don't agree. I use another browser at the moment to comment on blogs. Dammit.
I like the effect that the shadows have but agree that the angel wings would look better elsewhere.

Iris Flavia said...

I think it´s just the way it was meant to be... magic.

Mae Travels said...

Some bright sunshine would be welcome here. It’s been so gray! THere are probably some times of day when you could take a decent photo of that mural. I think the wings idea has been used in a lot of places — it’s neat.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I love the shadow of the tree branches over the wings, so I don't think this is a bad photo at all. I think the effect is really amazing, and I can still make out the wings. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas yesterday and enjoy your Boxing Day. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

I agree, I am having trouble with blogger and Foxfire too. However, today I am able to comment. Love the mural.

Birgit said...

I love this with the shadows..it could be An angel that is a shadowy figure. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year.

Divers and Sundry said...

We have a similar piece on Beale Street here, but ours is butterfly wings. It's a fun addition to the street :)

Happy Feast of Stephen!

Debra said...

I love the shadow-it's beautiful.

Sandra Cox said...

Isn't that mural glorious?
Hope 2022 is as special as you are, dear Elizabeth.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Yes, Blogger has gone all cattywampus. I love the idea of the wings mural but you're right, those sunny spots would make a good photo difficult.

Sami said...

Wing murals are very popular here too with lots of people taking selfies :)
What a pity the tree casts a shadow over the mural, but it's still visible.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth, hope you a nice Christmas and hoping that 2022 is a great year for you.

Linda said...

Intriguing picture. You can't always get the right light or best angle, but this came out looking interesting.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This does look fabulous Elizabeth. I've seen one or two of this kind of Mural but the setting of this looks fabulous - just not good for photos! Hugs, Chrisx

Bertiebo said...

Well you may not be so happy about it, Elizabeth, but I am. I think it's very beautiful and special, so with that shadow

Tom said...

...I'm not into selfies, but murals like this one are popular today. here is on that I found in Buffalo, NY.
https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2020/01/nicole-cherry-flutteryby-festival-mural.html
Happy New Year to you.

Jeanie said...

Sometimes the light and distance doesn't cooperate! But you still get the idea!

craftytrog said...

It's a wonderful mural Elizabeth! The shadows look great too.
Alison