Sunday, December 12, 2021

Monday Murals: 244 Distillary

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.   

I am once again on the hunt for Wichita flag murals.  Sadly, this one is shaded and was hard to see properly.

It doesn't help that the mural is all black and white.  The hogan, located in the center of the mural, is a Native American symbol representing home.  This one has not only the hogan, but the type and location of the establishment.  Note the white dome in the bottom right is Century 2, which has now been saved from being demolished.  Our city's skyline wouldn't be the same without it.

It's amazing how bright the artist's signature is.  It is Johnny ICT, an artist I have featured before.  This mural was painted in 2017 and is located at Distillery 244 at 244 North Mosley in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We appreciate it.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Nice the Dome is pointed out like that - and thank you for pointing it out like this, I might´ve overseen it!

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely mural - and an intriguing skyline. thank you.

Sami said...

Lovely mural and a nice skyline.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful mural, have a great day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Really cool skyline with the dome.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is interesting. I don't know much about First Nations in the US.

My name is Erika. said...

There sure are a lot of Wichita flag themed murals in Wichita. I think that is so cool. I take it that is the city skyline along the bottom? This is another nice mural. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

great mural and I loved the skyline especially

Tom said...

...I find it fascinating that n=mural artist have embraced using the hogan in their work.

Mae Travels said...

Being able to collect so many murals with the local flag is fascinating. Your city really seems to have a strong sense of identity. THe black and white choice for this particular mural is quite dramatic, and I really like it.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jackie McGuinness said...

You have made me out Wichita at the top of my wish list when we feel comfortable doing driving trips again.

DVArtist said...

Very nice mural. There are so many where you live. Have a great day.

Jeanie said...

That's rather elegant!

Debra said...

Love the graphic quality of this mural. Hope your week is a good one!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I meant "put"!

craftytrog said...

Great mural Elizabeth!
Happy Sunday.
Alison

Bertiebo said...

That's another interesting painting. I like the symbol. And the black and white

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous mural, love the image you always find interesting educational goodies..x

RedPat said...

I like the style of this one!

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice mural, especially with the skyline.

All the best Jan