Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Art Journal Advent Calendar: Days 13-21

 

I am once again joining Michelle of RaspberryBlueSky and Tamara of MaraKreativStudio as they work on their Art Journal Advent Calendars.  They are on Instagram, but since I am not, I will only be showing my advent calendar here.

Day 13's prompt was Priceless.  Here's how I interpreted the prompt.

1. Having friends I can trust and who know they can trust me.

2. Standing up for things I believe in.

3. Spending time with the loves of my life.

Priceless!

I used various gel pens, a magazine image, and a tag I covered with required (MY requirement) washi tape.

Day 14's prompt was Hodge Podge.

I began by laying down a book page background, to which I added a stamped image and tons of stickers.  The letters came from two sets of stickers, too.

Day 15's prompt was Burst of Courage.

I started this page with a security envelope, then added the day using another piece of security envelope.   Next, I computer generated and colored the quotes on courage.  Finally, I added the cat washi tape.
 
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."  A quote attributed to Plato.

"True courage is being afraid, and doing what is needed, anyway."

"Courage has the hands to help you fight your fears." Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo.

Day 16's prompt was Scent.  Note the cat washi tape is on the candles and the background is a security envelope.

Scented handmade soaps, scented candles, and perfume make up my page.  All items from different magazines.

Day 17's prompt was To Grow.  I started by laying down watercolors on the watercolor paper.  Then I added the gifted seed head die cut, which I colored.

Then I added the sentiment and the cat washi tape I shaped like a bowl.  The computer generated sentiment reads: "Every day, I choose to grow in some way, much like flowers in my garden."

Day 18's prompt was Meaningful

Because there is a door, I'm including this using Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, which is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens. Luckily, we have changed the size requirements at AJJ, because it is now acceptable to share this entry.

The background is vintage sheet music.  Over that I cut and added two hearts.  I hand wrote the words on two tickets I found in my stash.  "My house is a very nice house, with two cats in the yard."  I was getting really cold by this time, so my photos were starting to get fuzzy.  The two cats are the gifted washi tape cats.

Day 19's prompt was The Power of Love.  Once again, I started by adding a security envelope as the background after I outlined it using brown dye ink.  I then laid down three strips of cat washi tape and the gifted heart die cut.  I wrote the words using a blue felt tipped pen.
 
Day 20's prompt was To Simply Be.  I had trouble with this one.  The more abstract the prompt, the harder it is for me to relate.  I think that's partly why I don't create scrapbook pages, either.

I started with a green, black, and white background to which I added various stickers.  The two cats were the last of the gifted washi tape cats.
 
I went with things that I could relate to, including Live and Love.  Having a good cup of hot chocolate helped, too.

I added the prompt using a gel pen.  I rotated the page so you could see the words.  I hope Fabulous says it all!

Day 21's prompt was Come to Rest.  There are so many ways I could have gone with this one, but I went the simple route.  I thought these images looked like great ways to rest and let my hair down.

I took time to make some Christmas plans, to hug my cats, to laugh,

to drink a pot of coffee, and to look forward to the weekend.

And that is how I came to rest.

Thank you for joining me today as I shared Days 13-21 of my Art Journal Advent pages.  At the time of this posting, there are no new prompts yet.  I will share the final three on Monday.  For those of you who are here only to see my Advent Calendar, I want to wish you a lovely Christmas, if you celebrate it.


19 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and so creative..xx
Merry Christmas to you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful creativity today. Thanks for linking your door to my challenge at AJJ. Have a great day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your altered book page with a door is creative and I like te cats peaking in the corner.
You've been productive and creative and made lot of interesting art pages, Elizabeth.
I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas. Take care yourself and stay well and enjoy the holiday time,
Hugs xx

My name is Erika. said...

These are great Elizabeth. I love seeing your pages. I really like Hodge Podge, and the kitty cat tape is very cool. You look like you've been having lots of fun with this project. That's the whole point of art, well it should be if it isn't. Smile. And I like how you even managed a door. Nice! It is great for AJJ and I be Valerie appreciated it. Have a great middle of the week. Its wet and icy here. Good day to stay home. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

There is so much here, Elizabeth -- these say so much about you. (As you might expect, anything with cats is my favorite!). It's so clever and loads of fun!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like this take on the Advent calendar -a new interpretation on the tradition.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great looking artwork. Merry Christmas!

Debra said...

I can tell you are a very positive person-it shows in your art. These pages are so good! I love seeing your art.

Lowcarb team member said...

A big WOW from me ...all looks so good.
Merry Christmas Wishes.

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

I loved all of these.
Happy Holidays, my friend.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Oh, I love the cats! All of it and especially the little cats!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such fun pages. Love the cat washi tape and naps are priceless

Nancy Chan said...

Lovely pages and words. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, how come I missed all this beauty and creativity?!
Is a then-13-year-old old enough to appreciate something like this? I might make a calendar for her like this next year (a tad late now, huh).
This is inspiring and wonderful! Thank you!

Neet said...

You know what I really love about these pages? How the "loves of your life" have featured on every one of them. I had to search on a couple of the pages but I found them and it made me so happy.
I enjoyed the way you interpreted each prompt when I went back to really look at your pages, well done Elizabeth.
Christmas Hugs, Neet xxx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages. I have spent ages looking at them all.
Yvonne xx

Annie said...

I look forward to seeing and reading about your advent journal every week. It’s always interesting to see how artists will interpret a given prompt. A few always make me wonder what would come to mind (eventually). Your interpretations are always in-depth thinking. I’m glad you are sharing this advent journal you are creating.

DVArtist said...

You are so creative. Always something nice to see here. Have a great day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are such fabulous pages Elizabeth - so many wonderful little details to take in.
I have just had those annoying blocking 'read only on your last two AJJ - so...I loved the pantry door page and laughed so much at those funnies that T came to take a look too!
The Organisation page is brilliant - if only I could hide my stuff away!!
Hugs, Chrisx