Monday, December 20, 2021

T Stands For Christmas Cards and Tip-ins

 

Today we are meeting for T at my dining room table.  I have a plethora of goodies to share with you.  I apologize if this is a very long post, but these wonderful artists deserve recognition.  I haven't decided if I will be drinking coffee with half and half, or egg nog in my Christmas tree mug.  Before we begin, I also want to wish Valerie a very happy solstice birthday (her birthday is the 21st, which may be when many of you visit).

I always love when Linda sends a card.  Her address is on the back so I only have to block my address.  Look at this obviously hand made card and perfect coloring.  Thank you Linda.  It is incredible.  Love your Christmas tape, too.

Lisca loves to see the postage stamps and Squiggles loved that he was included, too.  He wanted me to personally thank you, Linda.  I looked on the USPS web site, but there is no information on these stamps.

The next card I received came from my dear friend in Canada, Cindy McMath.  I'm always in awe that international postage doesn't cost extra to send a square card.

I took no less than 15 photos of this reindeer.  This is the best I could get.

I am in LOVE with this tree.  Simple, yet effective.  Thank you SO much Cindy.  I hope to find a way to frame it so I can use it next year as part of my tree collection.

We all know who lives at the lake, don't we?  Yes, of course.  It's Kathy.  But, why two cards for me, you ask.  Sorry.  I forgot to get a closeup of the two postage stamps.

The information on the back tells the real story of why I have two cards.  Yes, they BOTH came the same day!

I was shocked, too.  Kathy sent this on November 16 and I got it on Saturday, along with the Christmas card.

Here are the fronts of the two cards.  I'm sure you can tell the difference.

You can read that Kathy hand stamped both backs.

And these are the two beautiful insides.  I told Kathy I was really upset with the post office and would love to find who I can complain to about this.  It was as bad as Sharon's card taking a month to get across town.  Regardless, thank you so much for thinking of me at both holidays, Kathy.  I'm not as on the ball as you, obviously.

I also received this tip-in on Saturday.  Here's the stamp, Lisca.

This hand drawn and painted tip-in could only have come from my dear friend 

Dianne.  Thank you ever so much, Dianne.  It's a genuine beauty on both sides, dear.

The final tip-in I received just today was filled with so much wonder, I actually cried.

First, observe the detail. Note how Linda Findley placed one deer behind and the rest either in front or winding through the trees that are a beautiful die cut.  That in itself is simply stunning.

But this is when I cried.  I was so honored and impressed.  I know I got a wonderful original from Linda.  Not only do I approve, I feel honored!!  Thank you beyond belief, Linda.  BTW, Linda stamped her name and address correctly and beautifully.  I'm still learning the smudge tool in Photoshop.  She also sent the stamped sheets I show in the photo above this one.

Some people asked on Friday (when I showed my decorated home) about the little glass rocking horses on the tree sitting on my dining room table.

There are snowmen,

mice, polar bears (shown above)

and Santas.

I also want to wish each and every T Tuesday participant a joyous, safe, and healthy holiday, whatever you might celebrate.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.







27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy all your beautiful cards and stamps! I am sure you will treasure them. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

That's a beautiful selection of original cards and images. It's great that you are sharing it. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and that all these creative people do also.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

What a delightful, beautiful post, Elizabeth! You received such beautiful goodies and you well deserve it. I knwo that all of these handmde treasures find a really good home with you - and Squiggles of course! I wish you a peaceful and blessed Christmas, my friend.

Lisca said...

What beautiful cards! Dianne's hand drawn card is exquisite. And thank you so much for showing the stamps. Aren't they lovely. I've never seen that res one actually. The Canadian stamps are very small but oh so pretty. Don't you think?
I also wish you and your boys a joyous, safe and healthy holiday dear Elizabeth.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, your pretty Christmas Card arrived in today's mail-thank you I love it! I will do a Christmas post next week.
I am in love with the card that with the die cut trees and the deer amongst them--that is really special. You received some beautiful cards.
I am still in amazement too about the Thanksgiving card haha at least it found it's way to you hugs.
Happy Holidays hugs Kathy

Sharon Madson said...

What great happy mail and stamps! ThT little glass rocking horse is adorable. Elizabeth, I finally did as you advised and scheduled my post, and then almost forgot until now, to link it to your blog! I wish you a joyous Christmas, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post, so nice to see your happy mail.
I do like the little glass rocking horse, it's lovely.

All the best Jan

Kate Yetter said...

A beautiful collection of cards from your friends. Love the pretty rocking horse!
Merry Christmas,
Kate

Rita said...

Lovely! Nothing like snail mail! :)

Olde Dame Holly said...

Artistry on display! Lovely cards.

Linda Kunsman said...

Nothing better than happy mail- and postage stamps you can reuse too:)Beautiful card and envelope art! I recognized Dianne's work immediately- her watercolor art is amazing! Love the special card with your paper and the meandering deer you received from Linda.
The stamp on the envelope I sent you is a Forever stamp from a book of Christmas stamps I bought. Beautiful cards from Kathy- unbelievable how late the Thanksgiving one arrived:(
And Cindy's card is a cheery delight.
Cute rocking horse ornaments I know how you cherish. Thank you for sharing so much goodness here. Happy T day, and a very Merry Christmas!

My name is Erika. said...

You received some beautiful cards Elizabeth. That's a nice pile of happy mail. Thanks for sharing with us, and have a wonderful T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Dianne said...

How fun to get to enjoy your happy mail along with you! And loved seeing all your rocking horses and trees in a previous post! Glad you like the tip-in! Happy Holidays!

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, love all the beautiful cards and stamps! I can imagine your heart was all warmed up and you had the biggest smile - thank you for sharing all this - and the horses! The one with the snowman is my fav! But they´re all so cute! Tis is the season :-)

Helen said...

What a lovely selection of cards. If I don't get to visit again before Christmas I hope you, Bleubeard and Squiggles have a very happy Christmas!

Elephant's Child said...

Such bee-yoot-iful cards and stamps. Thank you for sharing the love and the joy.

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely cards and stamps and ornaments, Elizabeth. Very festive at your house!!! Merry Christmas and thanks for everything you have done and shared in 2021. You are such a delight. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

You know so many talented and creative artists!

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful Happy Mail. The red stocking stamps comes from the Holiday Delights issue in 2020. You can thank the idiot postmaster DeJoy for the long delays of first class mail. DeJoy has put in place "cost saving measures" which include increasing the price of postage, lengthening the time mail is delivered, and reducing post office hours. First class mail used to take 3 days or less. Now it's taking 5 days or more. Happy T Day, your ornaments are adorable.

Darla said...

What a wonderful collection of cards and gifts you received. I'm going to have to go back and take my time to look at each and everyone with the attention it deserves.

Wishing you all the best for the holiday season Elizabeth. Also, I want to take a moment for thanking you for being such a consistant blogger and great friend in this online world.

Debra said...

Such lovely cards! The artwork is truly beautiful. I LOVED your house tour. You decorate so well!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What lovely cards and stamps. They will make a fabulous display. I love your rocking horse riders! Hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

I am running late, sorry. I am happy you received so many lovely cards. I know that is a nice feeling. Have a wonderful evening.

Jeanie said...

I love Christmas mail -- no "reply envelope!" You've received some beautiful cards!

Cloudia said...

You make everything special. You are a Special - ist

Empire of the Cat said...

Love all your happy mail, beautiful cards and stamps. I am so behind with everything, this month seems to fly by so fast. Festive Wishes and Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great cards and stamps. Fantastic ornament. Merry Christmas!