Thursday, November 18, 2021

Winds swirl, leaves dance

 

It's time once again to join Chris of Pearshapedcrafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  By now I suspect you know she has chosen All Kinds of Weather as her theme this month.  But it's also Thursday, which means it's time to join Rain's Thursday Art Date, which this week is Wisps and Winds.

It's definitely windy today.

"Winds swirl,

leaves dance."

Here are a few close up photos.




For this page, I started by laying down some leftover yellow watercolor I didn't want to go to waste on 110 lb cardstock (consequently, the buckles).  The page sat for weeks until I realized I could finish it if I got out my watercolors and finished the background.  Once finished, I thought it looked like a whirlwind, thus the concept was formed and the words were computer generated.  I affixed the words to yellow card stock that I cut to size, outlined in black dye ink, then ran over my carpet to rough the cardstock up a bit.  Silly me attached the silk leaves using E6000 before I adhered the words.

Bleubeard and I would like to thank you for dropping by today.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own journal page interpreting All Kinds of Weather and Rain's Thursday Art Date, which is Wisps and Winds.

Further, I'm joining our lovely and talented host Leah Piken Kolidas for Day 18 of AEDM and I created a journal page for two challenge blogs.
 


32 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Evocative and beautiful. Again.

Sami said...

I love the bright yellow and pink background with the fallen leaves.
You have a lot of imagination Elizabeth to always think of something new :)

Dortesjs said...

waue a bang of colours. love watercolours

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous project, so beautifully made! One of my faves! Hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and colours, love the leaf images. x

EricaSta said...

A feast for my eyes. Yes, it's stormy weather now. We stay at home... and paint. Some cards for Christmas is my work. See here, if you like

https://happy-hour-with-picts.blogspot.com/2021/11/katze-im-november.html

wendy kirk said...

Lovely colourful page and a great idea.
Hugs Wendy

Iris Flavia said...

Nice page, oh, yes, windy it is indeed now.

Barbara said...

It does have swirling movement! As always Ilike your background too.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely your dancing leaves

Much💛love

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a happy page. I'm glad I don't have to rake up all those leaves 😉

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your page-the leaves were really dancing here yesterday-allot of strong winds and drop in temperature yesterday.
funny when I was replying to comments on my page I got an error message too-funny after just reading that you got one too haha Happy Thursday

My name is Erika. said...

What a pretty background and it's very poetic to think of leave dancing. My daughter sent a photo yesterday and ours have all danced themselves out at home.(Now I need to rake when I get home...) I love how you adding the swirling leaves too. This is beautiful and perfect for Chris' challenge at AEDM. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Beautiful piece Elizabeth!

Empire of the Cat said...

Lovely colours together, it definitely looks like swirling leaves in the wind, but with happy colours. Happy AEDM Elle/EOTC xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful background, and I love your dancing leaves Elizabeth!

Neet said...

I love how you saved this piece and turned it into a dance with the leaves and the wind. Nothing nicer than seeing the wind through the window whipping up the leaves as they twist, turn and tumble from the trees. A very effective piece Elizabeth.
hugs, Neet xx

Birgit said...

Love the whirlwind you created with the bright colors of dall and the leaves blowing freely.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous page Elizabeth! I love all of the dancing leaves and the colors you used for the background is so bright and beautiful!
Take care & hugs, Tammy

Lowcarb team member said...

This is lovely, beautiful colours together.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

This is truly beautiful. Fulfills the theme perfectly.

Jeanie said...

This is awfully pretty. Leaves Dance. I love that!

Sandra Cox said...

This piece is amazing. I love the colors, the saying and the leaves.

Linda said...

Yes, the leaves do dance! Sometimes they do so in a frenzy!

Elderberry-Rob said...

your picture is perfect for me as I am seeing leaves everywhere flying around like spirits on the wind as they fall from the trees here :)

Tom said...

...there are lots of dancing leaves here too!

Rain said...

I love your dancing leaves Elizabeth! Perfect for this time of year...the leaves are dancing about in the wind here too today. Oh and thank you for yours and Bleubeard's thoughts on Leo. Things are not looking good. :(...he's jaundiced again and we are hoping he will pull through this second hurdle. ♥

Let's Art Journal said...

I smiled when I saw this page, seems great minds think alike ...ha,ha! Loving the bright autumnal colours and all those leaves flying around your page in the wind - perfect 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am really taken with this. It seems to perfectly depict autumn leaves swirling around in the breeze, a wonderful aspect of fall that reminds us that we are all children at heart.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the swirling leaves on you beautiful Autumn background! A great way to join my 'All Kinds of Weather' theme, Thank you dear Elizabeth, hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

This captures the season perfectly!

Meggymay said...

The leaves do look like they are dancing, the page has a fantastic feeling of movement when I look at it. Sorry for the late visit.
Yvonne xx