Monday, October 4, 2021

September complete and October ready in my never ending calendar

 

Let's laugh at September first.

This is the left side, and where I have started writing notes on things I think are important to remember.  On the 2nd it appears there was a march in all 50 states to protest the anti-abortion laws that Texas has initiated.
 
If you aren't offended by U.S. politics, I couldn't help myself with this: 
The difference between 9/11 and January 6 is on 9/11, half the country wasn't rooting for the planes.

Here is the right side of my September calendar.  It's a bit more colorful.  Check out my faux surrealist drawing.  It certainly wasn't a Dali!

On the 1st of October, I started writing in this month's calendar pages.  Because Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations is our host this month at Art Journal Journey, and her theme is My favorite color is October, I am sharing this with the leaves I stamped (mostly rather badly) on the two pages.  The boat is not for Canada's Thanksgiving, but for Columbus Day here in the states.

This is another month of wimpy calendar pages.  I am not offended if you laugh at the boring life I lead.  I am OK with that, although there are times I would like to feel safe enough to travel again.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

9/11 ... it stays in the world.
I still remember exactly even how my office looked like way back then in the VW-plant, where my sweet colleague sat and how scared he looked, having relatives in NY.
How thankful after learning they were OK.
The "dead" site of CNN.com.
Our Braunschweig-secretary calling us, her Son is OK, too. Customers at Ingo´s work place seeing the news on TV thinking it was an action movie and Ingo calling me shocked about the ignorance.

January 6th was... crazy, but here a short crazy
(well, we had Merkel for too long, and yes, I know somehow she seems to have been a "good politician" outside of Germany, being called "Mutti" / Mum).

Why would I laugh about your life? We´re all stuck somehow these "days"... And it´s good to see the small things, too.

I think otherwise we´d break down.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You've lovely handwriting Elizabeth, I could do with a planner just like this for some documentation that's easy on the eye. Love those October stamped leaves, you'll soon have all those boxes filled, the days fly by this end of the year. Wishing you a happy creative week Hugs Tracey x

Elephant's Child said...

Love your planner - and would ruefully agree about the difference between those dreadful dates.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your planner looks good. Those new anti-abortion laws in Texas are a disgrace, good to see so many people protesting! Your autumn leaves on the planner look good. I've answered your questions as best I can on my blog. Have a great day, see you later! Hugs, Valerie

Sami said...

The months are just flying by, can't believe it's already October! Love your stamped leaves for the Autumn. Enjoy the month Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

I like your calendar. Mine is too small and ends up covered in writing that I can barely read. And nice leaves for October. That is a great rust color you used for them. Happy new week. See you later for T. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

It's hard to believe September is gone and October started. The months just seem to fly by. And most people lead a rather mundane life.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you have a wonderful and colorful October! And that we all feel safer soon.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

You are so _busy_! Your life certainly doesn't look boring to me.

I was out of town on the day of the protest, but I was there in spirit.

The support of the insurrectionists continues to sadden me.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your pages Elizabeth - nothing wimpy about them at all. As for what you call your boring life - you don't seem to have many blank days and if on those days you are making art then I envy you the time. Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Your calendar pages always make me smile!

DVArtist said...

You have such pretty hand writing.

Birgit said...

Please forgive me for not visiting. I publish my weekly stuff but that has been tough. Hubby has gone through his 2 surgeries, a week apart, and now he is resting. My operation is next Tuesday and i should be out by Thursday.

OK, I love your calendar pages and the leaf stamps...very Fall! I am so happy that you participated in the march for Women's rights. I am scared for the many girls and young women who may take an unhealthy way to abort. It is sad but so true.

We have a big issue(issue??)for the hundreds of bodies found on schools where Native Americans were forced to attend, abused..horrifically so. It is disgusting what happened right under our noses. Last week, Sept. 30th, there is a new holiday in honour of Aboriginal awareness..where was our PM? He went on vacation and never attended any talks etc.. that were everywhere including our Capital, Ottawa. He has since gave, yet another, apology. Ughhh.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love your September calendar. Love the comments on the left. I treat my calendar the same way (minus comments). Everything that has to be done — apointments, deadlines, dinner dates, you name it — goes on the calendar where I can see it. (I used to write notes and then lose them!)

Valerie-Jael said...

I wrote you a long comment this morning and it's gone! Anyway, happy Monday! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Lovely leaf stamps on your pages, they do look beautiful and the stamping looks great to me.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Your pages look great Elizabeth. I love the stamped leaves on your October one, and the postage stamps on September's spread.