Monday, October 4, 2021

T Stands For Wild Sunflowers

 

 Today we are once again meeting in my dining room.

I call this Wild Sunflower T(ea).

Yes, I'm drinking tea.  Actually it's sun tea.  It's not hot and it's not cold.  It's just right.

At some point, I'll be eating lunch here, which will consist of cottage cheese, tomatoes in a basil sauce, avocado toast, a banana, and of course, more sun tea. 

Before I brought the food out however, I moved the sunflowers to a better spot where they wouldn't shed on my food and drink.

I thought I'd give you a closer look at the wild sunflowers, because they will only last about a month.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.

 

 

 

32 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your place looks perfect for Autumn with the lovely green and gold colours,a great place to sit and enjoy a nice drink.Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Sandra Cox said...

What an inviting setting. Loved it.
Hope your eyes are completely healed.
Hugs

Mae Travels said...

You didn't talk about your beautiful pressed-glass drinking cup. I love that style of glassware: my mother had a few pieces like that, and I had a doll set like that only the rose color. Your table setting is very lovely.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

They are totally beautiful things - as is your vase and your cup.
Thank you for the beauty you share.

My name is Erika. said...

Those are pretty yellow flowers. They look so cheery in that pretty green vase. Sun tea is always good, especially in a room that feels so sunny and bright. I hope lunch was yummy. And that you also have a wonderful T day also. Hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

What a beautiful table setting. I love the colors. The sunflowers are gorgeous.
Sun tea goes with sun flowers...
You drinking tea? Oh yes, of course! You need a used tea bag! Actually that tea looks very inviting. I think I'll go and make myself some before I go to bed.
Thank you for a glimpse in your living area with that lovely furniture.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Carola Bartz said...

The sunflowers are beautiful and they light up a room. Your place mat5 and napkin go right with them! You have a lot of candles in your home, I love that! It looks very cozy.

aussie aNNie said...

So beautiful and inviting, your place looks like one I could walk into and immediately feel at home. xx

Linda Kunsman said...

so happy to catch up with you again! I love the wild sunflowers along with your lovely falling into autumn table vignette. I think you need to paint those sunflowers on a journal page:) Your sun tea sounds perfect to me at this time too- not hot, not cold either;) And how I love that vintage glass tea cup glass!
Happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

The sunflowers are beautiful and they pair perfectly with sun tea.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Rita said...

Beautiful cheery sunflowers! How lovely! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Great composition, the first pic is absolutely perfect and so happy! And they last a whole month, that´s a great end to summer.
If never heard of sun tea. Sounds great as well. As does your food!
Happy times :-)

Helen said...

Those are very pretty flowers. hope you enjoyed your lunch.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your sunflowers Elizabeth, and lunch and your sun tea sounds delicious Happy T and thanks for hosting

kathyinozarks said...

PS and I really love the pretty vase the flowers are in too-looks vintage.(and Iam happy you are enjoying the fall card-hugs)

Cloudia said...

How cozy and companionable

CJ Kennedy said...

Your sunflowers are so pretty and cheery. With your placemat and napkin you can have sunshine even when the weather turns dreary. Happy T Day

J said...

Morning Elizabeth,
Gorgeous flowers and place mat, cheers the room up beautifully and a lovely spot to eat your lunch.
Happy T Day
Jan x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I always love seeing sunflowers. I also like your place mat. Your house looks cozy and inviting.

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful Fall flowers, Elizabeth. Love your tea in that pretty glass as well. Is that a fake sandwich behind the on the desk? Leave it to me to be scoping out the hidden food! Lunch sounds wonderful! Happy T-day! Many hugz

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, those wild sunflowers are so pretty! Loving the shape of the flower heads and sunshiny colour, they are perfect for this time of year 😀. I'd love to join you for a cup of sun tea too - Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

My wild sunflowers have started blooming but aren't as far along as yours. That vase is a real treasure. Cottage Cheese is a favorite of mine. I eat it for lunch many days and usually have it with some kind of fruit and tomato. Tasty :) Happy T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

This is such a pretty setting. You have very nice things. The flowers are sunny and add something special to your room.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous sunflowers Elizabeth, they really brighten up a room!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Mmmm! Lunch sounds good, although I can only imagine what your drink might taste like. What a lovely place to sit and eat it! Hugs, Chrisx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

sunflowers that will give you sunflower seeds !! maybe :) daisy said to tell you the place mat and napkin look like daisies so this makes them FABulous :) ☺☺♥♥

Sandra Cox said...

That tea looks ambrosial.

one irrational bean said...

Those sunflowers are beautiful. I love them in in milky green vase. Happy t day.

Nancy Chan said...

Very pretty sunflowers and sunflower mat on your table. I am drinking hot black coffee at this moment.

Empire of the Cat said...

That looks so inviting! I love the sunflowers and sunflower setting, and your sun tea looks delicious in that lovely cup. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful flowers.
It all looks very inviting.

All the best Jan

LA Paylor said...

pretty wildflowers and tea scene