Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Pride

 

It's time to join Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations.  Tracey has chosen My Favorite Color is October (or My Favourite Colour is October) as her theme for Art Journal Journey.

I call this one Pride for obvious reasons.
 
It has all the colors I associate with autumn and October.
 
It has a bit of humor with the rooster crowing loudly on the outhouse roof,
 
an American flag hanging from one of the trees,
 
bunnies and chickens running in the green, 
 
and fabrics sewn to the fence that flap in the breeze that will help deter deer and foxes and protect the chicks and bunnies on the other side.
 
I think of this as Grandma Moses early Americana style art, to which I added a bit of glitzy pop art.  My apologies for the photos.  It's hard to get good photos now the autumn light isn't good in either my dining room or kitchen, where these photos were taken.

Thank you beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on My favorite color is October, regardless how you spell it.
 
 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big smiles. Thank you, I needed that this afternoon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, Elizabeth. The colours of autumn are so beautiful. Have a wonderful day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

This reminds me of all the happy times I have spent in America with my friend. How I miss her.
It's a lovely page Elizabeth, full of reminders of the things I consider American and the way that flag is flying is brilliant!
I hope you and Bleubeard (and Squiggles) are all well and having a lovely time this fall.
Hugs, Neet xx

Rajani Rehana said...

So beautiful post

Rajani Rehana said...

Read my new post

My name is Erika. said...

Interesting page. I had to look at it a bit. It is perfect for Tracey's challenge, and I like all the details you added. The laces look great as does the flag. It's a great primitive picture also. Thanks for sharing this. Happy middle of the week. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

awesome page Elizabeth-hugs

Mae Travels said...

Fascinating how Grandma Moses is synonymous with a certain style of art! You chose a quite amusing sketch for your base today. I like the muted color scheme.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

sirkkis said...

Thanks for a big smile, Elizabeth! Pride is for all creation, isn't it ;)
Happy October xx

Iris Flavia said...

Fun page, hehe, now this is one pride guy!

Divers and Sundry said...

Any scene with chickens brings a smile :) I like this.

craftytrog said...

You created a beautiful country scene Elizabeth!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Roosters are always so proud. They act like THEY are the ones laying the eggs!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles....we hope ewe both iz doin grate and gettin inta trubullz and we wanna tell elizabeth thiz peace iz grate... all tho...... we due see chikcnz....sew ~~~~~~~~~~

☺☺♥♥

WendyK said...

A great page Elizabeth, love the chickens.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely page.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Beautiful autumn page Elizabeth, with lots of October details.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic post and I liked seeing this style of art and I think you chose a super powerful word to use on this page.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely muted October colors, very cool page, Elizabeth. Love the chickens and the fences and the flag. The word is perfect. Fab! Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful - IO love how the flag is flying on the tree. Love the soft Autumn colours, perfect for Tracey's AJJ theme. Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun piece. Rooster on the roof of the outhouse made me laugh.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love this! Well done indeed my friend.

peggy gatto said...

Bright, beautiful and bountiful!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This one definitely has that American Art vibe Elizabeth with the quirky barn, picket fence and Rooster on top waking up the world. Lovely fabric foundation additions, i'd love to sit on that fence and watch the world go by.
Thanks for another fab share for my theme @ AJJ. I love it.
Hugs Tracey x