Sunday, October 10, 2021

Monday Murals: If we know where to look

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.    For the next few weeks, I'll be showing murals that are not associated with Wichita, Kansas flags.

I went looking for this mural.  It is called If we know where to look.  I love how the mural is reflected in the glass of the car on the left.

I knew it was an Avenue Art Days mural that was created in 2019.  None were created in 2020, and the dates that unveiled the 2021 Avenue Art Days murals were September 10 - 12. 
 
I didn't notice until I got up close that it was created on pieces of wood and framed in more wood.

After driving around awhile, I noticed the cars that had been in front of the mural were now gone.  I have a map of the latest murals, but there was no artist's name attached to this mural, like there is on most of the others.  Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to who created this beauty.  This mural is located in an alley behind Dempsey's Burger Pub at 3700 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by today.


21 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous and so colourful post. xx

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely - and that reflection really adds to your photo too.

craftytrog said...

That's a stunning mural Elizabeth! I'm glad you were able to photograph it without the cars, although I agree that the reflection is very interesting.
Alison

Iris Flavia said...

Nice one, and beautiful reflection indeed.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous mural, one of my all time favourites, beautiful colours, too! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Perhaps I don't notice murals around here, or perhaps it's because I spend so little time in the city, but Australia seems to really have taken to murals in a major way, and Sami has a nose for finding them! They do a great deal to making urban spaces interesting and attractive, and the one you have brought us today fit right into that category. I will open my eyes wide when next I go to town!

Helen said...

what a fabulous mural, so bright and cheerful.

thanks for stopping by the Kew pics - the tree you mentioned with the flowers, is actually a rowan, and they are berries. I've shared close ups before., but I agree from the distance I took the shot you'd think they were flowers. I should have annotated the photo, sorry.

Sami said...

What a beautiful find Elizabeth. The clock face with the yellow flower, the blue feathery leaves at the bottom, the lovely colours...it's quite striking. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's interesting that it's installed in such a way as to make it movable. Placing it in an alley is a cool way to add some color to what might otherwise be quite a dreary space.

Tom said...

...a map sure helps, we were in Plattsburg, NY last Saturday finding murals and came up with map after we were done. Avenue Art Days sound great, thanks for sharing.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Very nice shot, catching that reflection.

My name is Erika. said...

This may not be the Wichita flag but I did see sheaves of wheat and the big Kansas sunflower. I did definitely has a fun prairie feel. It's a beauty. Thanks for sharing and hope you had a great weekend! hugs-Erika

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely looking mural.

Hope you've had a good weekend, have a happy new week.

All the best Jan

Bertiebo said...

Besutiful!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is gorgeous. You have the best murals where you live.

kwarkito said...

it's an amazing and gorgeous graphism. I like it

Rita said...

That one is so pretty! :)

dee Nambiar said...

That's a very ornate compass. At first, I thought it was a dream catcher then I saw the directions marked on it.
Have a lovely week, Elizabeth. :)

s.c said...

Great mural like a compass with a kind of dreamcatchers look. For the spiritual traveller then.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I get an indigenous feel about this mural with the orange and the feathers. Also the title If We Know Where to Look makes me think of the murdered children recently found buried in the residential schools here in Canada.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is a real beauty, Chrisxx