Saturday, October 9, 2021

Leaves

 

It's time to join Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is My Favorite Color is October.   

I finally gathered some leaves for a journal page.  Granted, they are silk leaves, but leaves none-the-less.

"Even a leaf in the wind eventually lands."

These leaves have definitely landed.

They have landed on old book pages 

 I colored in the colors I associate with October.

For this journal page I started with 110 lb. cardstock that I covered in book pages I colored using pink, red, orange, yellow, and lavender watercolors before adding them to the cardstock.  I then added the three silk leaves and the computer generated text.
 
Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on My favorite color is October.      
 
I didn't realize it before, but I can also enter this at Try it on Tuesday where their theme this fortnight is Autumn Blessings.
 
I am also going to enter it in More Mixed Media's latest challenge which is always Anything Goes with optional orange. 

Thanks to a visit to Jo's blog, I am going to join Country View Challenges for October, which is Autumnal Colors or Halloween.

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Those leaves are silk? I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told us. Beautiful, beautiful things.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Elizabeth! I love the torn book pages, and the silk leaves are beautiful.
Alison

Iris Flavia said...

What a great idea with the book pages!
I sure learn a lot from you :-)
Wonderful piece of artwork, great colors. Here first leaves turn... yellow. Boring.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Elizabeth, have a great weekend!

Evelyn Walter said...

Nice page, Elisabeth! I really like the sentiment.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge at Country View Crafts.
Have a wonderful day!
Evelyn xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fabulous page. I love the pretty colors in your background and how you used the leaves. Nice quote too. It is perfect for Tracey's challenge! I even found the writing in the background interesting. Thanks for sharing this. It is perfect for AJJ this month. Hope you have a super Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Rain said...

I love this page Elizabeth!! The leaves are beautiful, love the colours!! :)

kathyinozarks said...

I love your journal page Elizabeth-those silk leaves are really beautiful-Happy Saturday Hugs Kathy

Neet said...

Wow, Elizabeth, those leaves are gorgeous and I would never have known they were silk if you hadn't told me.
Such a pretty background too - I do like the delicate colours you chose in the background to set off those leaves.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Mae Travels said...

Although many trees are still green here, the colorful displays and just plain dark brown ones are beginning to dominate what we see, and many trees are already dropping leaves on the ground. So your collages are very timely.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Olde Dame Holly said...

Perfect for autumn!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful Autumn page!

Sandra Cox said...

Love the saying. The colorful leaves and background. It's a great piece.
Enjoy your weekend, dear Elizabeth.

Rita said...

They're silk! They look so real--and stunning colors.

Sue said...

This is so lovely, beautiful Autumnal colours and leaves. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an absolutely fabulous page! Love the colours on the background - they really do make a great setting for your beautiful silk leaves. Thanks for joining au at Try It On Tuesday as well as it being a great addition to Tracey's theme at AJJ. Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely page.
Wonderful Autumn colours and leaves.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

This is just outstanding.

My name is Erika. said...

I missed saying thanks for joining us at Try It on Tuesday. Thanks for linking up! Hugs-again-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful words to go with your large Autumnal leaves such a very serene feel to this journal page and I love that washed out colour book page background.
Thanks for another super page for my AJJ October theme.
Creative hugs for a new week ahead Tracey x

Meggymay said...

Those silk leaves are a gorgeous colour and its a fantastic journal page Elizabeth. I am so happy you linked it with us at TioT's as well as the inspiration for the AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely leaves ! Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great page thanks for playing along with us at Country View Crafts hugs Debs