Sunday, October 31, 2021

Monday Murals: Don't fear the reaper sauce

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.    

This is a quirky mural I found driving home one day.  I couldn't get any closer because there was a big truck with an overhead extended ladder on it parked directly in front of the building.  You can see part of it in the upper left corner of my photo.

The name of the mural is Don't fear the reaper sauce.

This mural was created in 2017 by John Pirtle.

It is part of Avenue Art Days.  It is located at 3425 East Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks beyond belief for stopping by today.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What a bizarre and fun mural. It would stop me in my tracks. Thank you for taking the photograph and sharing it.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a great mural, I hope he can pedal faster than the reaper can walk, but it looks like the reaper has caught up with him, scary! Have a great day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That is the perfect mural for Halloween! I am guessing reaper sauce must be hot. I do like the details on this mural including that chicken in the basket. Happy Halloween! Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

So fun! And perfect for Halloween!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic mural. Happy Halloween!

Tom said...

...you found a great mural for the season. It can be tricky photographing murals when vehicles are parked in front of them, good job. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week ahead.

Mae Travels said...

The artist really used the space in a clever way, with the cyclist leaning over and thus fitting onto the building! Great find for the holiday.

best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful mural! Loving how the guy is crouched down on the bike to fit the wall - fabulous 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Rain said...

Oooh I love that mural Elizabeth! Funny, I really thought I'd be seeing a recipe lol...but the mural is even better! 🎃🎃

Rita said...

Funny, but creepy. :)

Olde Dame Holly said...

Those Carolina Reaper peppers are said to be the worst in the world! Funny mural. I think the place must serve chicken to be dipped in the sauce?

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful post, love this and your gorgeous adventurous ways..
xx

Sami said...

Quite a funny mural. Looks just right for Halloween too :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Iris Flavia said...

Great, fun mural, and so fitting, so very well done, too!

Bertiebo said...

I don't know that expression: don't fear the reaper sauce. But I guess it's about the inevitability of death , right? It's a wonderful mural!

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

A great mural - so clever the way the cyclist doges the top of the wall - and the extended ladder. How wonderful that the artist knew the ladder was coming ;)

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love this mural! Love hot sauces. I'm always drawn to images of bikes for some odd reason.

dee Nambiar said...

What a fun find.!
And it's perfect for the season.

I hope you had a good Halloween.

Alice said...

A taller building was needed for the guy on the bike

Divers and Sundry said...

"Quirky" is a good word for this. What fun!

Jeanie said...

This is really a good one -- clever and well done. Rick would appreciate it too!