Tuesday, October 26, 2021

It's Time

 

Today Bleubeard and I have been honored to be the Guest Designers for Try it on Tuesday.  We consider it a fabulous honor and look forward to sharing our entry with you.

I'll start at the beginning, because you may have already seen the completed entry if you have come from the Try it on Tuesday blog.  The first thing I did was fussy cut many clocks.  Once cut, I laid them down using pale mint green house paint.  I had no gesso and didn't want to use my gel medium, so paint was my alternative choice.

In addition to the clocks, I also included two old calendar pages from years past, three fortunes referencing time, and two postage stamps with clocks on them.

For once I was smart and tested all the shimmering mists before I added them to the page.  Some were too dark and would have obliterated the clocks.  You can see I used both commercial and my handmade shimmer mists.

I masked some of the embellishments because the clocks were all I wanted to color.

I added the various spray mists

and took a few photos so you could see the results of misting.

Here is the completed entry.  Not the best photo in the world, so I will provide lots of close-ups.

I wish this had shown up better in the final spread.

















As I explained above, I began by laying down pale mint green house paint, over which I placed the fussy cut clocks, fortunes, and postage stamps.  
 
After masking and spraying, I added the computer generated words, the lovely Memory Makers clock (upper left), and real clock hands, over which I covered with a gifted gold circle.  The die cut letters (T, M, and E), created from various leathers, were chosen for their texture.  The "I," created from a wood mounted red rubber stamp called Pocket Watch, was stamped on paper, then adjusted in Photoshop to fit the size of each of the words.

Thank you for joining me today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you stopped by and are very grateful to Jo and the wonderful design team at Try it on Tuesday for inviting Bleubeard and me to be their guest designer for Time.

25 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

A TOTALLY deserved honour.

Nancy Chan said...

You are very creative with the clocks and calendars. It is a good reminder that time waits for no one. I better do what I need to do and not waste any more precious time.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely to have you at TIOT as guest designer! Your page is lovely, certainly all about time, you really found a lot of clocks! Time certainly flies, this month has just melted away! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Gorgeous page. I like all the different clocks and a reminder to get a move on.

Helen said...

Congrats on being our guest designer for this challenge! You rocked it! LOVE all the clocks, as well as all your sentiments hiding here and there! Have a super week! Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful pages! It's perfect for the TioT challenge with all those amazing clock faces and pretty colours 😀. I loved seeing how it all came together, you are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Joan said...

So happy to see you as guest designer on TIOT, your page is so interesting, so many clocks and love the
Quotes you have used too, fab pages


Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad you are our guest designer this time around Elizabeth. And what a cool page. I love all the clocks!!!! That's a lot of fussy cutting. Did your fingers get sore? It's also clever to add the postage stamps, the fortune and the calendar mini-pages. Your talent shines though as you outdid yourself with this beauty. Thanks for joining us with this beauty. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

This should be a favorite theme for many artists. You’ve found many ways to express time. In my senior years time is a precious commodity. You are always so resourceful for your crafting supplies which are inspiring when there is a lack of something or desire to not use a certain craft supply. It’s been fun reading how your fun time spread was created.

Barbara said...

I'm enjoying this page a lot! The focus on analog clock faces strikes a nostalgic chord in many. Well done, Elizabeth!

kathyinozarks said...

Congrats on hosting Elizabeth, and I am loving this page very much! and thank you for the tutorial as well

Jeanie said...

How fun! Three cheers for hosting and I really like the way you used the timepieces in it!

Mia said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth. This spread is perfect!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the end result turned out VERY NICE Elizabeth. great job on this !! ♥♥☺☺

bleu N squiggles; we hope itz time for ewe ta get inta trubullz ;) ♥♥☺☺

Olde Dame Holly said...

Congratulations on hosting the TIOT event. Beautiful artistry!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous page Elizabeth! I love all of the different clocks you used and fantastic fussy cutting, love your handmade shimmer mist, thanks for the tutorial link :) So happy to have you as our guest designer at TITO!
Tammy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous Guest Designer you are - its so good to see you at Try It On Tuesday and with such a fabulous page. That's a lot of fussy cutting, I'm sure you paced yourself well. I love the clever way you replaced the 'i' with a watch. Love the time quotes too! Hugs, Chrisx
ps Have you seen the e-mail I sent?

Mrs.B said...

It's lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at TioT Elizabeth, and with such a fabulous time themed page. Lots of fussy cutting, but so worth it for the variety of clock faces you added and I love the little fortune quotes.
Have a great week, Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Elizabeth its lovely having you as our Guest designer at TioT's for this theme. This is a fantastic journal page spread with so much to look at and all the photos you included added to the inspiration you have given us all . I hope your hands weren't to painful after all the fussy cutting.
Yvonne xx

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love the theme of clocks, and I love the way your project turned out. It really pulls one in. Well done!

Cloudia said...

Tea? Tuesday?

DVArtist said...

very cleaver with this challenge. Love it.

Sharon Madson said...

Love this! I am so glad you showed us close ups, because it is amazing!

NatureFootstep said...

you did a huge job creating this one. So many clocks to find and place in your layout. I´m impressed. :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Congrats on being Guest designer, your page is fabulous, so many timepieces and time references. I like the quote about nature, time and patience. Elle/EOTC xx