Thursday, September 2, 2021

Second on the 2nd: Vintage Christmas

 

As many of you know, I love to re-post something that echoes the theme our host at Art Journal Journey has chosen.  Wendy has chosen Vintage, so this spread I created in an altered book on December 25, 2013 fits the bill.  The post was appropriately named

Merry Christmas

"Angels we have heard on high, 
Singing sweetly through the night,

And the mountains in reply 
Echoing their brave delight.  
Gloria in excelsis Deo."

Bleubeard and I wish you the merriest of Christmases.

_____________________________________
 

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  This link will be good until 4 p.m. my time on Monday afternoon when T Tuesday goes live.





 

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Nancy Chan said...

Lovely creation. Christmas will be coming around the corner soon.

Iris Flavia said...

Funny. I have Christmas as theme more or less, too, today. And it´s only September. And the pics are from August! You made me switch to 2013... Christmas. LOL.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovel piece, and yes, it fits to Wendy's theme. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

A lovely creation but I am soooooo not ready for Christmas.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Christmas seems to be in my head too.. think i'm afraid I may miss with all the craziness in the background. Love those Vintage Angels, super angelic page. Hugs Tracey x

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful angels. Though don't rush my season. There are still 20 days left of Summer 😉

Lisca said...

Very vintage indeed! I don't really want to be thinking of Christmas, but this is a very sweet page.
Happy 2nd of the 2nd,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

I love those vintage angels. They are beautiful and nice inspiration for a vintage page. And a holiday one also. I haven't seen this page before, and it was wonderful that you chose it. And good holiday tune too, if I need one as an earworm, this is one I would pick. Hope the new month is going well. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

I’m not ready for Christmas either, but thinking of it with cold weather feels nice. Lovely piece!

Lisca said...

Yes, I still use that table. It is actually very easy and quick to set up. I put it on its side, the table is closed like a book. I open it and the legs are tucked underneath. I fold out the legs and then stand the table upright. Job done. We have two or three of these tables. They double as extra dining tables or whan I do a craft group activity, there is room for a few more participants if I open another table. So I am very pleased with them.

Neet said...

What a lovely set of pages. I love the red - so Christmassy. The angels are lovely vintage traditional angels and the words you chose are lovely. How great was this for a Christmas Message to your friends.
Hugs, Neet xx

Cloudia said...

Sweet!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

Now you've put me in a Christmas mood! LOL How have been, darlin'? I'm getting back into the groove of regular blogging again. I hope life has been treating you kindly. Have a funtastic day!

Sandra Cox said...

I LOVE this. It's such a happy, uplifting piece.

Jeanie said...

Fun theme and lovely page! Nicely done, Elizabeth.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable colours on your Christmas creations, xx

Rita said...

I learned it: Sweetly swinging o'er the plains. Maye because we lived in the nidwest plains they chose that version--LOL! Pretty page--but a bit early for Christmas. ;)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful vintage spread Elizabeth! Christmas is coming!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A great look back - don't know whether I would have seen this - these angels are beautiful on your red background, Hugs, Chrisxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely. Autumn is here, Winter will come soon, and Christmas will be here before we know it!