Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Welcoming a new host at Art Journal Journey

 

Today we welcome a new host at Art Journal Journey.  It's time to welcome Wendy at Wendy's Craft Journey.  Her theme this month is Vintage.  Because I wasn't sure what vintage really entailed, Wendy provided a very good and detailed description of the word.

I, on the other hand, took a very different approach to the theme.

I picked a very good vintage.

I just love how the text underneath shows through the napkin.

It is, however, quite obvious the places I didn't spread the glue stick on the page.

For this spread that I created in my Stress Free altered book, I used a gifted napkin that I separated into three layers.   I spread glue stick on the pages of the book, added the top layer of the napkin, then closed the book.  Once I was sure the image was dry, I opened the book and much to my horror, I saw the napkin tore at the seam because I hadn't allowed enough "give" at the seam.  To complete the spread, I added the computer generated quote that I outlined in dye ink.
 
Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Wendy, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Yvonne, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.    
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the size and theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose or stand alone pages including fabric, and digital art.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Another theme with heaps of promise - which you more than met.

Iris Flavia said...

Great work - one wants ... does... dream away.
I just watched "Grand Budapest Hotel" and this so fits the movie!

craftytrog said...

I love all those labels you used Elizabeth, a great idea for Wendy's theme. I'm looking forward to joining in this month.
Happy September,
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely spread Elizabeth, great idea with he wine labels. I am feeling very vintage myself this morning! Have a great day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

Turid said...

This is great, and as I've often been in France in September, that's vintage for me too. I love wine labels, and of course wine too. Else I work with vintage fabrics just now, and will find a way to keep up my book pages with this theme. Thank you so much for your supporting comments on my blog. You keep me going, and I feel I develop my skills for every month. I'm so happy that Annie introduced me to your pages.

WendyK said...

What a great idea Elizabeth, I think that fits my theme very well. I hope you didn't have to drink all the wine first though.
Hugs Wendy

Mae Travels said...

I can’t tell if you have real wine labels in your collage, or just reproductions. For a long time the wineries have been using glue that won’t dissolve, so it’s not possible to have real wine labels for scrapbooks or art work, so I figure yours are not from actual bottles. Years ago, we did a book of wine labels that is fun to look at now, as some of them are no longer affordable.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

And why not take this route? It makes a super page and a fun idea for the word vintage. Plus these look like older wine bottle labels, so you are doing double duty. I like this idea and this page. This should be another fun month at AJJ. Happy September to you dear Elizabeth. hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Loving anything vintage, a neat month to follow! Yea for wine!

Neet said...

How wonderful to have that napkin in your stash. Does that now mean that rather than 'vintage' I can now say I am 'mellow'?
I find labels fascinating, especially wine labels. Not being much of a wine drinker myself I stand whilst my other half chooses a bottle for a special occasion in the supermarket and I must admit, it is the label that draw me to the bottle. Nothing to do with the wine - as you gather I am no connoisseur. I'd much rather see a pretty label than know what is inside.
I also like to peruse the words on the labels, some on your page I have heard before, others are quite new to me but I have enjoyed pronouncing them in my best French possible.
A great page Elizabeth, such a fabulous idea, so different a slant on the word vintage.
Hugs, Neet xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your take on the theme-great page hugs Kathy

Karen said...

Clever take on the word "Vintage" nice selection of labels :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't know a good vintage from a bad, but I'd be willing to learn ;) I wish wine lasted longer. It goes bad before I can finish a bottle.

Jeanie said...

Love all the wonderful labels. They're always so pretty and even ones that look similar are quite unique.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Clever! Love looking at wine labels - not that I buy any - the only wine I used to drink was Rosé but now I am quite happy not to. Hugs, Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely vintage images on your journal page, Eizabeth. I like this month's theme, and hope to play. Hugs. Stay cool.

Sandra Cox said...

I like it! ;)

Rita said...

LOL! I never would have thought of that. :)

Meggymay said...

A fantastic take on the new AJJ theme, I love the vintage labels and that looked a great napkin to use as well. Super inspiration and memory provoking names of areas in France we used to visit in the caravan a long time ago.
Happy September.
Yvonne xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is a neat piece Elizabeth !!! nice seeing the vintage...labels ☺☺♥♥

wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles....hope this findz ya gettin inta trubull ;) ♥♥☺☺