Saturday, September 18, 2021

Christmas Memories

 

This is a quickie today because I am headed to the Sedgwick County Historical Museum, as part of the Smithsonian Museum Day celebration.  Quickly, it's time to join Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her Vintage theme.

In the late 1930s, Radio Flyer came out with a new wagon called the Radio Super.  

I'm sure these little girls who received this iconic cart would agree

that Christmas does hold many memories.

For this page, I started with an image from a Reminisce magazine to which I sewed (in red thread) the compute generated and colored sentiment.  As I said in the beginning, this is a real quickie.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting on this Saturday.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.   If you live in the states, are you taking advantage of Smithsonian Museum Day in your area?  I realize the museum I'm visiting only charges $5.00 (USD) for adults, but free is even better!


16 thoughtful remarks:

SEO Services said...

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information. compress pdf online

Elephant's Child said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time at the museum. They are right up there in my list of favourite places.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous retro image and journal page. Have fun at he Smithsonian! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful page.
Yes, Christmas holds some childhood-memories.
These days... we don´t even put up a tree.

CJ Kennedy said...

I was 10 yrs old when we had a Christmas like that. No snow. I got a blue Raleigh bicycle with hand brakes! Have fun at the museum

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great vintage photo. I love the coats. I think I had something similar to the little girl in the wagon only in light blue when I was that age. And did you have a red radio flyer wagon. My brother and I got to share one, but he didn't like me pulling my stuffed toys and girl things in it. Smile. Hope you have fun at the museum and your new camera takes some great photos for us to see. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

My sister and I were just talking about some clothes we had at that age, so it's fun to see your photo. Do you ever use your own family pics? That would be fun too.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Olde Dame Holly said...

You know I always love it when you create a tag with some sewing on it! Love the stitched caption.

Neet said...

Now that is something I have never seen in the UK but I once went to a fleamarket (cannot remember what the name was in the `USA) and I saw children sitting in one of these wagons being taken around with parents. The only other time I have seen them was at a German Christmas Market. What a fab idea - how I wish I had had one.
Thanks for bringing two pictures to my mind this evening elizabeth - and what a super page this is with its red stitching for AJJ and the vintage theme.
Hugs, Neet xxx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page, great idea for the theme!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely.

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember when we wore scarves, girls and women alike. I wonder why that stopped being a thing.

Jeanie said...

It may be a real quickie, but it looks terrific and I love the words with that photo.

WendyK said...

Great retro feel to this one, the clothes look sort of familiar. Hope you enjoyed the museum.
Hugs Wendy

Meggymay said...

I hope you enjoyed your museum visit.
This is a fantastic vintage/retro style page the images do bring back memories. Those woollen scarves were so cosy to wear.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely page.
I do hope you enjoyed your museum visit.

All the best Jan