Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Write Stuff

  

By the time you read this, my dear friend Joseph will have arrived in Wichita.  He and his two sons will be here for a week.  I promise to visit, but it will likely be late at night, which may be daytime where you are in your time zone.

I'm back sharing another entry at Art Journal Journey, this time called The Write Stuff.  I always enjoy a play on words when they are appropriate.

Needless to say, this is for Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month.  She chose Type as her theme.
 
I would much rather type letters, answers, and my name, but there are times that just isn't possible.

In those instances, it's always good to have a very expensive ink pen on hand.

It's even nicer when someone gives you an expensive pen as a gift.
 
For this page, I started by laying down direct-to-paper (DTP) dye ink for my background.

I added slightly over half of the top ply of a 3-ply napkin to the background.  I fussy cut ink pens from the remainder of the napkin and adhered them to the page.  I used part of the napkin as background for the computer generated sentiment I called "The Write Stuff."
 
Blogger seems to be messing with my adjustments.  I am too hot and frustrated to attempt changes a fourth time.  What you see is what you get!  Thanks for understanding my blogger difficulties and thanks for staying to see this latest journal entry.    Bleubeard, and I are delighted you are here and also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Type.


23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Blogger, huh.
Love your page.
Have my Mum´s (well, now my) Mont Blanc right here and always fill "the journal" and mostly everything with it.
It´s from the late 50´s or such and still high quality and fun to write with. And I think of her then often, too.

Iris Flavia said...

P.S. have fun with your friends! Another step to normal life! Yipeeee!

Elephant's Child said...

Enjoy your visit with your friends. And thank you for sharing yet another amazing creation.

Nancy Chan said...

Hope you have a wonderful time meeting up with your friend and his sons. I remember using ink pen to do cursive writing in school. I regretted not keeping my ink pen.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, the pages written by hand were always so beautiful, much nicer than typed. Sorry Blogger is playing tricks again. Have a fun week with Joseph and his sons! Don't worry about visiting, enjoy yourself! Hugs, Valerie

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

sirkkis said...

Wow, what a stunning collage page, Elizabeth! Beautiful scripts and collage composition.
Enjoy the rest of week and upcoming weekend xx

Mia said...

This is a GORGEOUS page, Elizabeth. I love the whole image you made and the texture. A great entry at AJJ's theme. Kisses, my friend.

Neet said...

I agree with Sirkkis here - this is a stunning collage. I just love everything about it. That blue bottle of ink draws you right into the picture what an absolutely gorgeous bottle to own. That would be a display piece for me. The quill pen is beautiful too and rightly so it lies next to the bottle of expensive ink, an expensive pen no doubt.
Pens, seals, letters, more lovely bottles - everything on your page is beautiful - the background is a perfect foil for all those writing implements.
Dear Elizabeth (and Bleubeard) I hope you are enjoying your time with your visitors, in the meantime I am enjoying looking at the beautiful page you have created for my theme at Art Journal Journey.
Thank. you, Neet xx

Klaudia Zuberska said...

Hello!
Great post. I really like your blog, it's interesting and inspiring! I will be happy to come to read more entries :)
I wish you all the best!
Greetings from Poland!

My name is Erika. said...

I love that title. You are great at playing with words. And that is a super page for Neet's challenge. What a fun idea. I hope you have a great visit with your friend. How exciting. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I like that piece a lot. If I'd done that one, I'd be framing it. Have a wonderful visit with Joseph and company. Those catch-ups are always good!

kathyinozarks said...

I Love your journal page very much Elizabeth! enjoy your visitors-hugs

Barbara said...

Another chock full page, but one with a peaceful flow. I agree with Jeannie, it’s worth framing. Thanks for visiting Famous Seamus! ☺️

Sami said...

Beautiful page Elizabeth.
Enjoy your visitors, have a great time!

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun times! I hope y'all enjoy the time together :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

This is a really nice piece Elizabeth !!! from the background, colors and the pens....very nice job on this one !! ☺☺♥♥

wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles ~~~~~~~~~☺☺♥♥

craftytrog said...

I love your play on words Elizabeth! A super inky page!
Alison

babYpose said...

Hi. Hope you enjoy meeting up with your friend. Lovely ink masterpiece of yours.

Sandra Cox said...

You know I like this one:)
Hope your week is the best ever.
Hugs

Rita said...

Of course I love anything to do with writing and this is wonderful!
Enjoy your company! :)

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page, you have so many great ideas for this theme Elizabeth.
I hope you are enjoying having your friend to stay.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love all the writing themed elements and vintage look, Elizabeth - so perfect for the theme. I love cool pens and paper - such a treat. Have fun with your friends!!!! Hugz