Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday Smiles 436: Life in the dull lane

 

It's Friday and I'm joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.   

This week I've been busy cleaning my house.  I let it get horribly dusty while I was busy getting rid of the bamboo.  The reason I was deep cleaning is because my dear friend Joseph who lives in California, has come for a visit.  He and his two sons will be here through next Wednesday, when they will fly back home in time for the children and Joseph to return to school.  

I don't have time to take photos this week, but will hopefully share some smiles next Friday from home or fun things we did while Joseph was here.  Instead, today you will just have to laugh or groan at the puns provided by the Indian Hills Community Center in Colorado.  



























Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  We would love to have you join us, too.   Depending on what everyone has planned for today, I'll visit when I can.  I suspect it will either be very early or very late in my world today.
 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Huge thanks for the smiles. Enjoy your visitors.

Lisca said...

These are always great. Thanks for the giggles.
Have a lovely time with your visitors and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it next week.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Nice to hear from you again Elizabeth. Some of these are so clever and always raise a smile. I hope you have a lovely time with your visitors. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Relish was my fav!
Just bought some funny herbs, they could join this :-)
And otherwise.... I´m gladly not blue.
Hehe, the Moray!!! "Glad" the world sucks!

Jeanie said...

I love all these signs! I hope you have fun with Joseph and the children. It seems you always know some terrific places to take young people when they visit!

Barbara said...

Started my day with giggles and a few groans. Lol.

My name is Erika. said...

These always make me smile. Someone is very good at puns and word play. Thanks for sharing, and happy weekend. hugs-Erika (Oh yes, and I used to call my foiled paper German scrap, and then people from other countries commented that they didn't know what it was, so now I just call it metallic foil or paper so they can figure out what it is. Happy start to your weekend. hugs again-Erika

Annie said...

I’m late visiting again this week. When I have a couple of days off then I have to make up for it and have been really busy since I got home.
Thanks for the giggles. Have a great time with your visitors.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lynn Holland said...

I will never ever get tired of reading the boards. They are absolute gems and get me everytime

CJ Kennedy said...

Great way to start a weekend. Enjoy your visit with your company

da tabbies o trout towne said...

ENJOY YOUR VISIT WITH JOSEPH AND HIS SONS !!!! AND THANX FOR SHARING; HILARIOUS AS ALWAYS ☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Have a fun Friday and a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I'm so late just got tied up with stuff today but glad I stopped by before bed as these are just so funny. Have a lovely weekend, hugs Angela xXx

nwilliams6 said...

These are wonderful!!!!!!!

Rita said...

These were great!!
Enjoy your company. :)

Neet said...

I can imagine that bamboo culling created a lot of dust and dust just loves to travel and settle everywhere. Enjoy your visitors and forget about the cleaning now.
Great hoardings, there are some clever people about who think these up - always good for a smile.
This could have been another entry for 'type'. Plenty of it about on these signs.
Hugs, Neet xx

LA Paylor said...

so funny and fun that you shared them... I needed that
and see I'm even later than you visiting!

Divers and Sundry said...

I know you'll have great fun with your visitors!