Sunday, August 29, 2021

Monday Murals:#I Love Wichita

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today. 

When I took the first photo of this Wichita flag mural, the car you see on the left side of this photo was parked in front of the sign.

Everything was at an angle.  Imagine my surprise and joy when a man pulling a suitcase walked up and told me he would leave in just a minute and I could get the mural full on.

Bless his heart, I was able to get this mural in all its glory.

The hogan, depicted by the "O" in love, is a Native American symbol for home.

This mural, located on the side of the building at 350 West Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA), was created by Jan Sattler and installed in September, 2017.  Note the Wichita flag is flown on the front of the building.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.

 

25 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, another wonderful mural thanks for sharing

Elephant's Child said...

That is great - and how nice of him to realise what you wanted and move.

Iris Flavia said...

Great mural, nice man!
I do believe that in this pandemic we all got nicer.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous mural, enjoy your Sunday, Valerie

Sami said...

Nice flag mural Elizabeth.
So kind of that man to move his car for your photo.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Mae Travels said...

Making a mural out of metal is really neat. I wonder if the students in the auto repair classes made it. Great publicity for their endeavor.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Neet said...

What a fab mural. I love the way the wording and the hogan look to be made of metal. What a great moment to be trying to take a photograph of this when the man with the car walked up. Nice of hm to move for you.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great mural.I love the dimension it has. We don't have any city flags here in NH, so it is interesting to see one being flown. Very cool! Hope you're having a nice visit with your friend and his family. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

This is one of my favorites from all the murals you've posted. Striking design!

How polite the man was. Neighborly of him :)

Tom said...

...fabulous, this would make a great selfie spot!

Rita said...

Absolutely perfect for an auto collision repair shop! :)
Nice guy you met, too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool mural. And so nice of the dude to allow you to get a good shot of it.

RO said...

Another nice mural, and we thank you so much! Hugs and more hugs, RO

aussie aNNie said...

Looks great. x

Linda said...

It's fun the way it leaves the frame.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

A great mural. simple design so well created.

kwarkito said...

A nice graphism.

kwarkito said...

A nice graphism.

nwilliams6 said...

I really like this one. The metal look is fab and they did a great job representing the flag in a unique way. Wow. Hugz

s.c said...

A bit on the iron side of things.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Hard to tell if it is metal or a great paint job. Either way, as Tom said, makes a great selfie spot.
I had a guy stop and speak to me last week as I took a photo of a mural, he wanted to make sure I got the side piece in it!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

how cool is this !!!! the artist did a great job; this looks 3D !!! ☺☺♥3

DVArtist said...

Fabulous murals as always. Sorry I am late.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these ...

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I like this one -- very well done!