Sunday, August 8, 2021

Monday Murals: Wichita The Air Capital

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.   

I'm back with another Wichita Flag.  This one is called Everyday Beaut.

This time the hogan is exactly as it appears on the Wichita flag, but there are only two stripes radiating away from the hogan, both with beautiful flowers.  For those who don't know, the blue and white hogan, located in the center of the mural, is a Native American symbol representing home.

This an Avenue Art Days mural.

It was painted by

Elisabeth Owens and others.  I have shown other art by Elisabeth Owens in the past.  I always want to misspell her name.  This mural is found at 3705 E. Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  The mural was installed in September, 2017.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today, too.

This is a scheduled post.  I am really in pain from my ear.  Every time I swallow, it sends a pain to my ear.  I've started getting dizzy when I move around, especially when I turn side to side.  Thanks for understanding my condition.  I'm hoping this will pass soon.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry about your ear - and hope the pain disappears quickly.
Thank you for the beautiful mural - and now look after yourself. Please.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you soon feel better, perhaps you should see a doctor? Hugs, Valerie

RO said...

OMG Elizabeth, I know you don't want to go, but please head out to the hospital! I hate that you are suffering from such pain and dizziness, and am very worried. The flag of so beautiful, and we thank you for the post. Please take care of yourself! Sending lots of healing hugs, RO

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty mural. As others have suggested, you should go to urgent care.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice mural. I love the flowers and the Wichita city symbol. I think you should also go to urgent care; you could have an ear infection that might not go away. You've got to take care of yourself, of course! Happy Sunday otherwise. Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Take care of your ears Elizabeth. I used to suffer with earache for many years and I know how painful that can be!
The mural is very pretty, love the flowers.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Divers and Sundry said...

That's a striking mural, and I like how the flowers radiate out from the central home image.

I'm concerned about your ear and wonder what you've tried for it. Warm compresses? Warm olive oil? I hope it clears up soon! You might want professional attention if your own efforts don't take care of it soon.

kathyinozarks said...

another lovely mural-your city is fortunate to have so many murals.
If not feeling better in 24 hours I would suggest getting yourself checked out-take care Hugs Kathy

Tom said...

...so many of these Wichita mural have a wonderful theme with the hogan. This one is very nice.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you feel better soon. I assume you will get to a doc and see if you need antibiotics.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

J.P. Alexander said...

Esperó que te sientas mejor. Me gusto el mural te mando un beso
Enamorada de las letras

Rita said...

What lovely flowers! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry about your ear, awful pain, I remember that.
Also... I understand how that name must "hurt" you! ;-)
My Niece has never seen my name written and wrote "Ires" on the postcard she sent me, LOL.
Nice mural, too - get well soon.

Birgit said...

Have you gone to the dr? Don't mess with an infected ear because I think, that is what you have and it is very painful. I really feel for you as this is tough. Thank you for putting this on your blog despite the pain. I love the mural and would never have known this is an emblem for this Flag. It is so pretty and I love the Native link.

Jeanie said...

I like this one. It's happy.

Alice said...

I hope you are doing ok, I just passed through Wichita on my cross country trip, that's a pretty flag

magiceye said...

Hoping you are feeling better now.
Beautiful mural!

Neet said...

So sorry to hear you have something wrong with your ear. I know ear infections can cause dizzy spells but maybe you need to get it seen to by a doctor. Hope whatever it is it seeon clears up.
Love this mural. I do like art on walls and this one is so bright and colourful. Thanks for the information on it too.
Hugs, neet xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful mural!
Take care of yourself.
Alison

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely mural. I am starting to pay attention to them more after all your fun posts. Take care of yourself!!!!