Saturday, August 7, 2021

Today is inspired by

 

I'm back joining Neet, at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey
who has chosen Type as her theme

This journal page turned out SO much different than I initially planned.

It didn't take me long to realize the alphabet stencils I was using were too large for the page.  When I saw the second and third words were not going to fit on the same line, 

I remembered this new postage stamp I wanted to purchase.  It has a hidden message.  The words are not all on the same line.  It's called "Mystery Message," and, according to the USPS web site, although seemingly random in nature, the letters, when put together spell out "More than meets the eye!"  I decided that if the post office (actually the postage stamp) could split words randomly without hyphenating them, so could I.

I now give you "Today is provided by the letter R."  I actually got the idea after creating one of my ICADs last month.  I have taken some detail photos which I will now share.








I started this page with the stencil set that was actually the smallest alphanumeric set I own.  Once on the page, I began laying down tons and tons of the letter R stickers.  After awhile, it was a bit like fitting a puzzle together, much like the mystery postage stamp, only more random and chaotic.  I was not just taken by the designs, but the numerous and varied fonts these stickers provided.

Thank you ever so much for visiting todayBleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Type
 
Here is an update on the bamboo and trash ready for the cleanup.  I hope to get photos today of the trash being removed.
 

It definitely looks different in the daytime.
 

 
I'm finished!  Yes, I added more bags this morning.  My neighbor loaned me the trash can to put even more bamboo in when I started running low on bags.  All of a sudden, blogger refuses to left justify my photos.









 
While taking a few photos, I noticed other people in the neighborhood were also preparing for the cleanup.  Looks like someone took advantage of the piles and added a bag of their own.

Not sure why I didn't zoom in on the piles of trash on both sides of the street, but the heat was really getting to me.  Oh look!  Blogger straightened itself out and let me left adjust.

Naked Lady/Surprise Lily trying to pop through the trash in my yard.

Finally, a view from my porch.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday.  I have an earache that is knocking me for a loop.  I just can't seem to avoid the pain.  I'll try to make up for missing yesterday while I'm waiting for the packer truck in the morning.  Right now, I need to heat some oil and apply it to my ear.  Thanks for understanding.

 

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Another fun take - and WOW (again) at all the work you have done.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great that you have finished the big clear up, well done. Fun RRRRRRRR page, too. Hope your ear soon feels better, look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Your page so reminded me of Sesame Street, very cute and the stamp is great, too!
Wow to the work you´ve done! That is a lot!
Here it´s still too cold for the season, I´m so done with the weather.
Hope your ear gets better soon, I know this pain...

CJ Kennedy said...

Your letter page is so satisfying. Ahhhh. (How the letter is pronounced with a Boston accent) After all that work clearing the bamboo, you deserve a rest. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Jeanie said...

I'm rather proud of myself -- I figured out that stamp set before I read your description! Did you know postage is going up August 29? Buy stamps now!!! (Our branch even has their Christmas stamps out so I bit the bullet and bought a bunch -- and will go back and buy some more pretty ones before the change).

Your yard looks FABULOUS and I am SO impressed with the volume of work you did. It makes me feel like the ultimate slacker, which I heartily admit that I am! Well done!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your Rs. So many! So many different "types" :)

You've gotten so much work accomplished. I hope your ear is better soon.

My name is Erika. said...

You sure have a lot of letter stickers, and some very nice ones indeed.
Mine are all plain, and I love the framed on some of these. Nice collection! I love this idea. It makes a super page, even if it is different from what you expected. And wow you did clear a lot of bamboo from your yard. The results are amazing and now you can do something new and better than the bamboo jungle. I remember in Japan we wanted to visit the bamboo forest (which was really fascinating), and out Japanese hosts couldn't figure out why since bamboo is such a weed to them. You must be thrilled to get the cleaning done. And I love your big shade tree too along the driveway. In the hot summer that must keep things much cooler. I hope you have a relaxing weekend after all that work. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Brilliant take on the TYPE theme and taking a cue from the postage stamp. At first I thought the stamps were just a maze-like design. But when they arrived I could see the letters in that maze and then the whole sentence. Love all of your R stickers and the artistic title on your page. When I first saw your page, I thought that must have been like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Then reading your words you said it was like that. But I bet it was fun to do.

Rita said...

R is a great letter--LOL!
Hope your poor ear is better.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I hope the ear gets better quickly. Maybe seek medical opinion on Monday, if possible? Earaches, like toothaches, are just impossible to ignore. You sure did a lot of cleaning up. In your last photo, I can see a huge clump of the Surprise Lilies, GORGEOUS.

DVArtist said...

a great piece, a lovely yard and don't worry about getting to all of us. You take care of your ear.

Sami said...

A big cleanup Elizabeth, your garden is looking tidy.
The page with the R's is fun. Love that quirky postage stamp.
You must let me know your email Elizabeth so I can post you some stamps.

craftytrog said...

Love your 'r' page!

nwilliams6 said...

What a lot of work!!! So glad your area has a clean up day - ours needs it! Great page and great idea - super cool look with all the Rs. Hugz