Sunday, August 15, 2021

Monday Murals: Delano Barbeque

 

I want to begin by saying I'm having a terrible time leaving comments on any and every blog with embedded comments.  Blogger is cycling through their robot reCaptcha requirements.  Once I leave a comment, it should publish, but there is nothing showing.  I have no problem leaving comments in pop-up comment boxes, because the little box I have to check is there.  That is not the case for embedded comments.  Please forgive me, if for some reason, I am unable to leave a comment on your embedded comment box.  I will still drop by and leave a comment, regardless whether blogger allows it to post or not.

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

I'm continuing my search for Wichita flags.  I've now learned there are at least 28 registered with the city.  This mural was installed in September, 2017 and the artists who painted it were Michelle Suddeth and Jonathon Clark.

This one shows most of the Hogan, the blue and white Native American symbol for home, as well as our famous

Keeper of the Plains, the 44 foot statue that was sculpted by Blackbear Bosin who gave it to the city in 1974. 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Blogger SO sucks.
If one blogger I have would turn to "bad content" I could not remove the link - nor can I add nice ones. Since weeks. Edit-button in blog-roll is gone.

Hm. Wonder how an All American BBQ tastes like?
Dunno if I told, I had the chance to visit your country, all was set, but then I thought it´s a bad idea to travel with but my Dad, we´re too much alike, two donkeys, stubborn like... you-know-what. My Brother went on my name instead (I was 14).
My Brother got to ride horses and shoot a gun, I still have the pics. At least he enjoyed your country. And Dad´s company.
We do have "American" restaurants, but reckon it´s like most "Italian" places here - put to the "German taste"!

Elephant's Child said...

A big sigh at blogger's shennanagins.
And thank you for the mural.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, blogger is being difficult just now. Are you using Firefox as browser? I used to have lots of problems with it, it's somewhat better now I've changed it. Nice mural, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I'm having trouble leaving comments onsome sites, too. In my case, it seems to be a matter of cookies. But I'm finding Blogger more and more frustrating.

Yes, this is a nice mural. Arresting colors.

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice the businesses have such pride in their city.

kathyinozarks said...

cool mural you have found.
sorry about blogger issues-not sure which comments I have but I like the way I have mine set up for me, I think the other way I can't leave a reply to a comment. I do have it set up so I can monitor all comments first-so a comment won't show up right away til I approve it. I was getting too may spams if I don't have that
Happy Sunday

Jackie McGuinness said...

I haven't had any problems leaving comments. Blogger can be so fussy. I also have to approve comments before they get posted. I am not getting as much spam as I used to.

craftytrog said...

How annoying. I haven't had any problems commenting.
Great mural, very bold.
Alison

Tom said...

...have at least 28 registered Wichita flags is neat, what a great challenge. There no missing this place. Take care and enjoy your week ahead.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's a great mural! Very bold and eye-catching! I'm looking for murals around the Twin Cities (in Minnesota) for my daughter's seniors photos. We thought it would be fun to take some photos by colorful murals that she likes.

aussie aNNie said...

Yep we are supposedly robots, I have the same too and when I do over 50 comments a day it's annoying.... but love your post and your murals are always interesting. xx

Sami said...

The new blogger has some annoying quirks!
I like the flag theme Elizabeth, and there are 28 of them, so you will have plenty of murals.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm playing catch up. I love the front of this building. I would make me want to try the food if I lived in Wichita. Nice find my friend! Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the idea of registering the flag displays. Those would be fun to seek out. We don't have anything like that here -that I've run across anyway.

nwilliams6 said...

Love that store front - very cool and fun! Eye catching too - especially next to the boring gray wall! Hugz