Sunday, July 18, 2021

Monday Murals: in search of Wichita, Kansas flags

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I'm on a mission to find Wichita, Kansas flags.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how the Hogan is treated.  The Hogan in the middle of the flag is an American Indian/Native American symbol that represents a permanent home.  In this case it is the city of Wichita.
 
I really like how the red stripes appear to be lace.

This beautifully re-imagined Wichita flag is found on a house in the 3200 block of east Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was painted by Teresa Nguyen.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping in to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is beautiful - and I particularly like that you have identified the artist. Thank you.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautifully made. Henry sure thinks it´s great when people love their city so much.
Great design.

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous mural! I love the lace effect too, so wonderfully imagined 😀. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Mae Travels said...

You made me curious about city flags. I had never realized that here in Ann Arbor we DO have a city flag. It probably flies on some city buildings but I never noticed!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I immediately saw the Indian influence. Hogan is a new term for me. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon Madson said...

you spot them all. I have to keep an eye out for this one. Happy day, Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great mural project idea. And I like this flag. It will be great to see the others you find.

Sami said...

Nice find Elizabeth, I like the lacy red areas too.
Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I like the lacy effect too.

Jeanie said...

This is awfully pretty and a lovely mural. I love the hogan concept and what it means.

Divers and Sundry said...

The flag design makes for striking murals.

magiceye said...

A beautiful mural. Interesting to know the meaning behind it.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is an interesting one Elizabeth - love the lacy patterns! Hugs, Chrisx