Thursday, July 29, 2021

Hideaway

 

I'm sharing my penultimate July spread for Art Journal Journey using Butterfly's Summer Countryside theme

Fittingly, I have called this Hideaway.

The baby deer has found the perfect place to hide from predators, including humans.

Colorful flowers, along with green and brown grasses,

camouflage the deer's body perfectly.

It's the ideal hideaway where this sweet baby can feel safe.

For this journal page I started with a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock I colored using pink Staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I was drawn to the focal image when I found it in an old calendar.  However, I realized I couldn't just sew around the image and call it good.  Then I was given some die cuts that fit perfectly with both the foreground and the background.  I used everything I had been given, making sure not to cover the darling deer's face.  Finally, I computer generated the title and colored it using a water soluble crayon.

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us at Art Journal Journey. There is still time this month to share your own take on Summer Countryside.

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, so sweet! Great idea, will have to look at my old calendars, glad I did not throw them all away!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful altered calendar page, deer always look so sweet. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

As soon as I received my daily Bloglovin email I noticed this page. Elizabeth this is beautiful. Well worth saving until now. What a lovely composition and what beautiful flowers and that baby deer ...
Thank you for saving this for us until almost the end of the month.
hmugs, Neet xxx

kathyinozarks said...

I really love this one-would be pretty framed and hung up to enjoy

Annie said...

Oh, love the baby deer. So innocent to the possible dangers to come. Like all living beings. What a beautiful hiding place. And your added die cuts fit in perfectly giving the scene even more depth as well as a 3D look.

CJ Kennedy said...

So pretty. The die cuts really add dimension

Barbara said...

I agree with Kathy, framed and on view would be so pretty. They are beautiful creatures!

Birgit said...

This is sweet and so cute. I love the flowers draping around the deer's face. Love the saying and the framing

Jeanie said...

This is just darling. I love that deer's face and the flowers are perfect!

If I miss some posts, forgive me. My blogger reader list has disappeared (has yours?) The one on the left column of the dashboard. Very frustrated and not getting any help from blogger. Grrr! I'll try to check in but I'm helpless without that list!

Sandra Cox said...

Isn't that just the sweetest piece ever.
I just love it.
Take special care.

Trillian As said...

It is a wonderful page.

Rita said...

Awwww! So sweet! :)

Words and Pictures said...

This put the biggest smile on my face - what an utterly delightful photo you've found, and "hideaway" is the perfect word. I like to hideaway in summer too... I hope I can find somewhere as beautiful as this deer has found.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

This is a gorgeous scene, one we would all like to see in real life, it would look lovely in a frame.
I loved the dandelion meadow scene in your previous page, many think they are weeds but I think they look beautiful.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

DVArtist said...

This is so pretty and peaceful. I really like it a lot.

My name is Erika. said...

That deer is so sweet, and looks like she has a feast to eat too. That's a great photo and makes a wonderful page for Alison's challenge. I also like how you added the diecuts too. They work so well. Hope your week ended well. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the texture and depth in this.

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that sweet little deer, peeking through the wild flowers.
Alison