Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Dandelions

 

I'm once again joining Butterfly from Words and Pictures, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Summer Countryside
 
I wanted to show the entire sentiment before I added to it.
It was June and the dandelions
were in full bloom,
spreading their fluff amide
the grasses on the hillside.

 Then it was time to add the gifted die cut 


I thought looked like a dandelion.
 
I colored it using watercolor pencils.

For this page, I began by creating two backgrounds using a Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  The first one received most of the ink, leaving very little for the second sheet, which I used as my focal background.  The sheet with the saturated reinker became the mat for the focal image and the sentiment.  I cut everything using my deckle edge scissors.  I then colored them using a blue felt tipped pen.  Finally, I added the die cut "dandelion" I colored using my watercolor pencils.
 
Bleubeard and I are delighted you stopped by today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Summer Countryside.

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post and the gorgeous colours are lively and spectacular. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece Elizabeth, dandelions are among my favourite flowers. Have a great day, take care. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I love these flowers and can´t believe how we come from June to the end of July so fast.
Beautiful page!

Tine de Jong said...

Hello I am new here and I really liked what you had made with the poem. You are very creative. I also love dandelions because I use them when I cook. Because you can do a lot with them. Greetings from the Netherlands.

Annie said...

That is one of my favorite dies. I never saw it as a dandelion, but it sure does work for that. A pretty little weed and so fascinating how they change from the yellow flower to a very delicate fluff globe to spread their seeds in the wind. A clever summer journal page.

My name is Erika. said...

I've got a little time this morning as I woke up earlier than usual.Loving this dandelion page. We must be on the same train of thought as I have a dandelion prepost for Friday. Smile. I love this photo on your page, both versions. The second version looks almost magical. And your flower does look very much like a dandelion. This is a beautiful page. I want to be in the field. Have a great couple of days and I'll be by on Friday. Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Pretty page and poem too.
Have a lovely week Elizabeth :)

Sharon Madson said...

I think it is a dandelion and it looks great on your page! I love how you colored it. Lovely journal page with a great sentiment!

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! I've always liked dandelions and see them not as weeds but as wildflowers.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love dandelions. Lovely page and sentiment.

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely! My yard has lots of these and thistles. I think they’re pretty but I don’t think my neighbours agree. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wouldn't this be the most wonderful place for a picnic? A truly fantastic Summer Countryside page for AJJ, Chrisx

Rita said...

I've always loved dandelions! :)
Pretty page.

nwilliams6 said...

Such a pretty scene! Looks ready for the kids to run through or a cute guy on a horse! Very peaceful and some lovely words. Hugz!

Tom said...

...a beautiful hideaway, I’d love to be there.

Neet said...

I love the blue background you made for your page. And how nice that you have featured dandelions. They really are a pretty flower when you look at them and if I had grand children who brought me a bunch of them I would be proud to display them in my window sill.
The only down side is how they share their fluffy seeds and what a 'beezum' they are to dig out when they root.
Love the page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely page - a beautiful photo, delightfully framed in the sky blue of the background, and the perfect added die-cut and words.
Alison x

DVArtist said...

Another piece that is just so beautiful. Have a nice day.

craftytrog said...

I adore dandelions! A beautiful image and a wonderful quote.
Alison