Monday, July 26, 2021

Everything good, everything magical

 

Today I'm once again joining Butterfly from Words and Pictures, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Summer Countryside
 
Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.
 
The quote is attributed to Jenny Han.

A bit of sewing and a button embellishment were added for interest.

I began by mixing Staz-on solvent ink with 91% isopropyl alcohol to a sheet of white 110 lb. cardstock.  I computer generated the words, then backed the quote and the focal image with black cardstock that I sewed in place using blue thread.  

I apologize for the blurry photo and the fact blogger won't allow me to left adjust some of my photos today.  I just have to keep repeating that blogger is free!

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you visited and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Summer Countryside


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Much as I like your work - I firmly believe that good and magical things happen all year round. For which I am grateful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, Blogger is sometimes a pain in the neck!

sheila 77 said...

This is lovely and colourful with cheerful words today, Elizabeth.
Please tell Squiggles that I am very sorry I missed his birthday and I hope he has a great Birthday year.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning post...xx

Barbara said...

Very pretty! Not sure I agree with the words though. I’m alway melting then. 😂

Iris Flavia said...

Wise words, great page and yes to blogger. It´s free. It´s even roaming free. Running loose. Driving us nuts. For free ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

Love the flowers. And that fun quote. This is a nice page for Alison's challenge. It has been great to see everyone's cheery summer pages. And so true about blogger being free. It has been difficult lately, ever since they decided to change it and not fix all the bugs that goes with that change. But free is always good. Have a wonderful Monday. Hugs-Erika

RO said...

As much as I'd like to think this quote is just for me(lol), I know that there's goodness in and light in every month of the year. Love your work too! Hugs, RO

Divers and Sundry said...

Loving the flower image you chose.

I'm not having the issues with New Blogger some are having, but I imagine it's frustrating even if it's free :(

DVArtist said...

I love this piece and reminds us to look for the magik.

Cloudia said...

MMM. Dreamy!

craftytrog said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth!

Rain said...

The magick of summer!!! I love the button Elizabeth! :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cut piece Elizabeth; and I hear you about photo's ~~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

and obviously I can't spell in human or "trout"...that's supposed to be CUTE~~~~~

Words and Pictures said...

How funny - I nearly used that quote this week! Gorgeous florals - those colours are so heart-cheering - and I love the stitching detail and that little button adorning the daisy.
Alison x

nwilliams6 said...

I like your page and your words - very pretty! So many things grow during that time, but I still feel Spring holds all the magic. Fall is my favorite of all. Many hugz to you, Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

I like this one a lot, Elizabeth. The image is great and I just love that quote. It's perfect and I couldn't agree more.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well those flowers are definitely magical! Great quote and just the best page for Alison's theme at AJJ! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful flowers and journal page. I would love to see some like that growing in my garden, its a super quote as well.
Yvonne xx