Sunday, July 25, 2021

Monday Murals: I love my nurse

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today. 

 

This Wichita flag has a kiss and a heart inside the Hogan. 

As I mentioned last week, the Hogan in the middle of the flag is an American Indian/Native American symbol that represents a permanent home.  

I actually stumbled on this one, although it was easy to see from the street.
 
This mural is located at 1634 E. Central, at the corner of Central and Pennsylvania in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  There is no indication of who painted it, but it may have been commissioned by the Home Health Services Clinic where it is located.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.

I will not be able to join Monday Murals next week because I have previous commitments with my Art Journal group.  We introduce a new artist on the first of every month and that just happens to be the same day I normally show my mural.  I'll be back with a new mural on the 8th of August.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Great tribute.
I remember when I had to bring Ingo to hospital in Australia I was freezing (hot outside, cool inside). There was an accident and hence heaps of patients.
Yet a (male) nurse asked me if I´d like a cup of tea.
I said certainly "no, thank you", they had enough to do - but that gesture! So sweet. He was Afro-American, just feel for your mural, I should add this.
The doctor was female, I think we really move forward, away from the "traditional roles".

So... a great mural in more than one way.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful mural, good to see one with a deeper meaning. Nurses are always so important and do a great job. Happy Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Brilliant. And nurses deserve our love.

aussie aNNie said...

Thank you, as a nurse in the past [only a few years back] it is nice to be appreciated.

CJ Kennedy said...

Striking mural and I like the symbolism. Bless the nurses and other healthcare workers like Lab techs.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, awesome mural

Computer Tutor said...

What a clever blog hop. I don't see enough of these big murals.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes! thanks to all the nurses -or at least the ones who get vaccinated ;)

Sandra Cox said...

Awww. This was great. My mom was a nurse:)

Tom said...

...this one is fabulous and it hits home for me. My DIL, a RM cares for COVID patiences. I hope that your weekend is going well.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I think nurses deserve more than they get!

My name is Erika. said...

I think this is a great tribute to all the nurses of Wichita. Especially with the increase in the Delta variant, this is a nice way to remember them! Happy new week. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful mural and a very nice way to honor nurses.

Bertiebo said...

An important painting. To all nurses!

Jim said...

It's great.

Sami said...

A wonderful tribute to the hard working nurses, specially in the tough times the world is going through. Thanks for contributing to Monday murals Elizabeth, and see you in 2 weeks.

magiceye said...

Very attractive!

craftytrog said...

A very striking mural!

Alice said...

Perfect for the times and happy to thank the nurses. I just drove through Wichita beautiful place.

Linda said...

So bright! Have a good week.

Jeanie said...

Let's hear it for the nurses -- and I'm glad they are being recognized in so vibrant and noticible way!